LegacyGT.com

New Honda Civic

I was kinda expecting Honda and Saturn's vehicles to start looking alike. I bought my last 1999 Honda Civic Si and found out it was assembled at the Saturn plant in Ohio. If you look at the Saturn VUE it uses a Honda's V6 VTEC engine. It was just a matter of time and money I guess before they started swapping other stuff too.

It's not competing with Mercedes, Lexus, BMW, Ferrari, Bentley, etc. Let's take a look at its competion: Nissan Sentra, Toyota Corolla, Chevy Cavalier, Ford Focus, Dodge Neon, Saturn Ion, Mazda3. Compared to those cars, maybe the Mazda3 is the only one that looks better...IMHO of course.

I was kinda expecting Honda and Saturn's vehicles to start looking alike. I bought my last 1999 Honda Civic Si and found out it was assembled at the Saturn plant in Ohio. If you look at the Saturn VUE it uses a Honda's V6 VTEC engine. It was just a matter of time and money I guess before they started swapping other stuff too.

There is no Saturn plant in Ohio, there are Honda plants in Marysville and East Liberty though. The original Saturn plant is in Spring Hills Tn. and the L200/300 was built in Delaware. The Honda plant in East Liberty builds Civics and Elements while the Marysville plant builds Accords and TLs.

Yes, the Saturn Vue uses a Honda V6, but that was part of a broader agreement between GM and Honda where they swapped engines

Archived