LegacyGT.com

Just replaced clutch... Horrible noise

iv_05gt

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got the transmission mount and cross member bushings in. All is well now. Hard to believe that a transmission mount could make all the sounds and miscellaneous vibrations I had going on. But I am glad that its good now.

YEAH BUDDY. Thanks. How do you like the overall feel of the comp clutch? I'm still only about 200 miles into break in and I really don't think its that bad as far as judder and chatter.

I put a group n mount and cross memberbushings in. If you go that route plan on some more drive train noise because it takes a lot of rubber out of the mount and replaces it with steel. That translates to more noise. Its not bad but it is noticeable.

• 2 months later...
i replaced my stock clutch after 96K with the stage 2 comp clutch and have about 60 miles on it. i also rerplaced pitch stop and all bushings. My question is when i let off the gass i here a diff noise than before with the stock clutch. I really can explain it. it is almost like a very slight grinding noise, but when i hit the gas it goes away. Is this normal for the clutch?

Archived