LegacyGT.com

Low Oil Pressure Light and "Ticking"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It comes down to proper lubrication and filtered lubrication. I had both. I did not have a good model year for bearing quality though. The beaing isn't spun yet, just faintly noisey sometimes. 08-09 were bad year for bearings both in wrx's and lgt's.

It comes down to proper lubrication and filtered lubrication. I had both. I did not have a good model year for bearing quality though. The beaing isn't spun yet, just faintly noisey sometimes. 08-09 were bad year for bearings both in wrx's and lgt's.

I really dislike when you try to do everything you can to keep everything in tip-top shape and yet, it may still fail on you.

it's a big game my man. you never know. 05's were a very strong year with all turbo subaru's... i went with a new block with a nitrided crank and covert oil pickup... in 08 and 09 there were stop sales implemented due to bearing issues....most, however, spun with low mileage on them, like less than 10k.

it's not spun, relax, im just being overly cautious and dont want to end up in catastrophic failure down the road IF it decides to get worse...im catching it at the very beginning where most people continue to beat the piss out of it until the rods shoot through the block. then you're out a turbo, maybe heads, oil cooler, plus everything else.

it's not spun, relax, im just being overly cautious and dont want to end up in catastrophic failure down the road IF it decides to get worse...im catching it at the very beginning where most people continue to beat the piss out of it until the rods shoot through the block. then you're out a turbo, maybe heads, oil cooler, plus everything else.

aka lardo it :hide:

This happened to me about 20k or 30k miles ago. During this time, I wasnt so anal about my oil level, so when I heard the ticking noise, I didnt know what to think. When this noise was occurring, my oil light wasn't flashing. Once it did, I changed the oil in it and its been fine ever since. It still runs, and it still pulls like hell. Guess I got lucky, I dont know.

Archived