LegacyGT.com

Power Windows Don"t Work

After scraping the install of a remote start on my 08 LGT, my power windows didn't work when I reconnected the original wires I took apart. The RS was bad so after I disconnected it and put the original wires back together just like they were. So now the power windows don't work. Any help will be appreciated.

I think it's the car's security system. When I changed my mind about the remote start (after I installed it) and went back to the non-remote start (original set-up) is when the power windows stopped working. The fuses look good. Maybe I should take it to a Subaru dealer and have them reset the security system on the car. Any other thoughts?

You were tapping into the windows for the remote starter? Not the power locks?

Wondering if you accidently put power to the remote starter where you shouldn't have. Maybe that killed the remote starter and also your window circuit?

A few years back I forgot to swap the polarity jumper for the door lock circuit on the particular unit I was putting in. I ended up sending +12 volts into the unit and killed it. It was a good learning experience for me...

Archived