LegacyGT.com

McGard locking lug keys?

MKUltra

I had some brake lines installed a few months back, when my mechanic was done he put my McGard locking lug key in the trunk and has since disappeared. I don't know where the ID number is to get a replacement key. My tires are in bad shape and need to get them replaced. I was just wondering if anyone on here may have a key or an extra key I could test out on my lugs and maybe buy or get the id number so I could buy a replacement one. I heard there are only a few different patterns. I just figured this was worth a shot before I paid to have them removed. I bought them from lug shack and the pattern is 6 hoops with a 6 point star torx bit looking center. Not sure if that helps I could post a pic if needed. I'm in Arvada but could drive around the area if there are a few options.

Thanks.

Yeah I looked every where in the trunk pulled the spare out and even the rear seat to see if it had found its way back there. I had a buddy who had the same issue once and he actually found a person who had the same key. There are only so many patterns. I am probably just gonna jam a socket on them and pull them off that way. I asked one shop and they wanted $50 a wheel because they have to break the whole lug because they don't have any keys. I'll check around a few more shops before I do the socket idea.

Yeah I'm sure I got a registration card somewhere but I moved and either the wife threw it away or it's barried in my garage. Either way I already contacted the company and I sent them a picture they said they would see if they could find a match and I'm waiting to hear back from them. I just figured I'd see if any of you guys had a matching key in case that fell through.

Archived