LegacyGT.com

FX300 and SMFW question

smithsrsn

The instructions also state that the warranty is void if the step is not correct.

Perhaps the specs for the OEM SMFW also call for the .075 step.

Hopefully someone will know the answer. If not, I will call Clutchmasters on Monday to find out their take on the subject.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2208219

Just an update. I measured the step with a Mitutoyo depth micrometer and I am coming up with .080" step. So that what I am going to keep it at. It was actually .0815 but my depth mic is a bit out of calibration (.0015" off) so I took that away from the .0815". This sound about correct?
I think it should work out of the box.

edit: You can also your SMFW too being that you have one sitting there, right?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/just-fyi-photo-comparison-dual-mass-vs-single-mass-flywheels-129928.html

I think it should work out of the box.

edit: You can also your SMFW too being that you have one sitting there, right?

I have one on order.

I believe that the OEM SMFW probably has the .075 step as a factory spec. So if that is true then when my new one arrives then I should be able to use it out of the box. I will verify this with clutchmaster on Monday.

I will also measure the step when my flywheel arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to close the loop on this thread, I did confirm that the factory flywheel does indeed have the correct .075 step and they do work straight out of the box.

The clutch is very nice. I really like the light pedal feel and the clutch engagement is as smooth or more smooth than stock. The light pedal force seems to allow me to feel what the clutch/engine is doing rather than the heavy feel of the pressure plate springs.

It is without a doubt my favorite upgrade so far.

Archived