LegacyGT.com

AUTOWEEK TEST of LGT

Guest *Jedimaster*

OK, here we go, thanks to Tripod for taking the time to scan these in. :cool:

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//legacyarticle1.jpg

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//legacyarticle2.jpg

How does a short throw shifter help with 'getting a good launch'? They also make a comment that the current model hass a smoother turbo motor than the last generation Legacy. Maybe they are referring to the long term WRX test car they mentioned? Either this articale was written by more than one person and hacked together, or the writer is an idiot.

I think a lot of it was pieced together from comments that were emailed to them. The writer probably didn't have an opinion on the car and just read lots of opinions by others. I recognize different things that I wrote to them blended into the article to look like the opinion of the staff.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hey Jedi, can I link one of the scanned pics to my local car enthusiast web site? Several Audi/VW guys are going scoobie route, and backing up statements with real images and documentation would be VERY helpful to get them to switch away from the dark side. ;) and to see the light that the LGT and OBXT are not just your average scoobie.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Hey Jedi, can I link one of the scanned pics to my local car enthusiast web site? Several Audi/VW guys are going scoobie route, and backing up statements with real images and documentation would be VERY helpful to get them to switch away from the dark side. ;) and to see the light that the LGT and OBXT are not just your average scoobie.

Sure no problem.

Pretty much everything I've seen on launching a AWD car is peg it on the rev limiter and side step the clutch. I've read this in rally mags on how to launch a car. Even Lamborghini recommends doing it this way to get the numbers they do, only problem is they only recommend it for new clutches and about 5 launches.

HAHA Yeah if you try this the Subaru "Bitch Be Good... your a bad boy" clutch delay valve will kick in and you will have the most noxious odor in the world and your car will go NOWHERE!

You cant launch a new gen subbie like that.

People have done 13 second times with a 4000 rpm slip.

I am Christoph Erdel from Indy. I am proud to see my two cents in the article, even though they chopped a little out. I knew the car was that fast!

Love the Leggy!

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

This is beyond ironic, I've been an Autoweek subscriber for over a year and have been so fed up that this last month I threw it right in the trash without even reading it. My subscription ended 5 months ago, and I'm still receiving them.

Thankfully I was able to dig it out and those two pages were some of the few that weren't wet. ;)

:confused: Ive been reading it for over a year and re-newed my subscription after my freebie one from mazda rev-it-up expired.. What's been so horrible in the last month? :eek:

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I've looked all over town for an issue of AUTOWEEK. Where the hell do they sell it at? I used to have subscription years ago, but I always figured they sold it on the stands too.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've looked all over town for an issue of AUTOWEEK. Where the hell do they sell it at? I used to have subscription years ago, but I always figured they sold it on the stands too.

ditto - nobody sells it. - They sent me a copy for free, I wanted an extra to send my mom, but no dice so far.

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

I have not seen anyone here posting those kind of numbers on a stock ride. But, hey I am not a professional and if they did it then it must be true ;).

Well weve seen some 13.9xs from ppl on this board and the 0-60 numbers likely correspond to those times considering a 5.7 to 60 is around 14.2ish 1/4.

Most magazines don't take full advantage of AWD when testing a car. They tend to launch at too low of an rpm, and bog the car off the line. Most tests I've seen have a 5spd. Legacy GT trapping in the 96-97mph range. That is solid mid to high 13's territory on an AWD with a good launch and good shifting. When my Talon was tuned for those trap speeds, it ran consistent 13.6-13.9's. I also took my Eclipse to the track once, but drove it easy since it was my wife's daily driver at the time. It ran 14.3's at the same trap speed, with granny launches. If the clutch is up to it, a Legacy GT should be able to run high 13's stock.

Jason K.

Archived