LegacyGT.com

First log!

Scruit

Woohoo. :spin:

Anyway, using RomRaider, which counter should be looking at for boost pressure? I saw a couple of "target boost" counters at topped out at 9.5psi (I'm 100% stock) so is that the right counter?

Before I try to put a tune on the car I was wondering what counters I shoudl be looking at to get a picture of the overall health of the engine. I'm thinking knock, timing, A/F and boost. Anything else I really need to look at?

Will log on the way home and post logs tonight.

manifold relative pressure corrected.

knock sum

feedback knock correction

fine learning knock correction

rpm (engine speed)

engine load g/s

throttle plate angle

wastegate duty

put it i 3rd gear, at 2k rpm floor it all the way to redline, post the log file here

the stock o2 sensor (a/f in RR) is not applicable in wot runs, it pins at 11.14(lowest value for oem sensor) and is not an accurate representation of your actual AFR, though, in actuality, your real afr is probably lower than 11.14 but not entirely certain. That's why you need a wideband o2 sensor to monitor that.

Here's the thing... I remember seeing knock sum in the list last night, but it is not in the list now. I had the software open at my desk (was going to save your counters as a profile) looking for the counters you requested but some of them are not there now. I will plug back in to the car and see if they appear again.

Ok, here's what I found out. When you start the software before plugging in the cable I can only see about 80% of the counters. If I start romraide with the cable connected already I see more counters. Even disonnecting/reconnecting the ECU doesn't make the missing counters appear.

I'm sitting in my car right now, hooked up, creating the logger profile. I'll log another run tomorrow morning.

Do you want the 1-byte or 4-bye numbers?

For engine load I see 1byte, 4byte or calculated, all are g/rev units.

For throttle plate I see 2byte or 4byte.

For Wastegate I see Primary wastegate duty cycle, PWDC max 2byte, PWDC max 4byte (listed twice)

Nice, thanks. How do you calculate the psi?

Looking for a stock hardware tune for now. I'll start playing with UP and DP setups once my truck car is back on the road (and I have a spare vehicle in case of problems!) Gonna start researching infamous1 and the romraider forums.

Thanks for your help!

1) The more parameters you log, the bigger the gap will be between intervals. Look on the left. You're at 48ms. The new RR has a "fast polling" option up top. Make sure it's checked if you haven't alerady. It'll make the interval a lot smaller.

2) You are logging redundant parameters. The difference between 1-byte, 2-byte, and 4-byte are a matter of precision. The 4-byte parameters are more precise, but take up more bandwidth also, thereby increasing your logging interval. Log the 4-byte ones only for things you need.

Manifold Pressure Relative is your boost pressure. I'd log the 4-byte for this.

IAM should be logged. Do 4-byte.

Primary Wastegate DC should be regular.

Throttle Plate I would just do regular.

Engine speed regular.

Engine load - 4-byte.

Mass Air Flow (g/s) regular.

The rest, log whatever need based on what you're trying to accomplish.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mega Users
This is trivial, but I prefer iam 1byte. You don't need it to be precise. If it isn't 1, there's a problem. Actually, I stopped logging it. I just do a LV prior to a run and log only knock sum. I'll log it if I just did a reset though. Also, if you're concerned about resolution, don't worry about maf.

Archived