LegacyGT.com

finally pictures of my 97 LGT sedan:) (newbie to the site)

iSooby

Its starting to sound like my plans for all performance mods and suspension are coming to an abrupt halt. I'm think I'm going to be selling this one and buying either a 2000 LGT sedan Turbo or getting a 2006 LGT Turbo. I just don't wanna put all the money into a vehical with this many miles. Pry up for sale by the end of this coming summer

Nice dude! I'm happy for you! And I just used some cheesy universals that you can pick up an any advanced auto for about 20$ for the set! I was gonna get some rally armour ones and then I planned on getting the L7 badges but last night my alternator went out so I'm gonna have to replace that instead:/

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx145/bowtie4life_2009/82a47d55.jpg

HERE SHE IS!! Like i said your twin LOL. Picked her up Saturday for $2K. Just turned 178K miles today on my way home from work. My buddies mom had it from new than he drove it for a bit now i have her. The headgaskets, timing belt, water pump etc were all done at 154K miles. She should be good to go mechanically. Needs some cosmetic work he hit a deer. Has brand new front bumper and drivers side fender. I just need to get headlights(epoxied and duct taped together LOL) foglights, grille and fix or replace hood and drivers side rear door has a dent too

Niiiice! I parked next to one of those a few times locally, in PA, but not in Chester county. I like to park next to similar year Legacies in an attempt to encourage them to breed.

Out of curiosity... how fast did he hit the deer? I'm really worried about that, I've had to dodge deer several times in the last few years. I have deer whistles on my car (I didn't put them there, they were there when I bought it I SWEAR). Hahah. But I'm still concerned.

I figure I'll hit one eventually, it seems inevitable.

Not sure of the speed, but it was fast enough to tear the whole drivers side corner of the bumper totally off!! HaHa. Thes leggys are like tanks. Actually hit in the front and another deer ran into the drivers side rear door denting it as well. Car was driven home after hitting the deer. TUFF they are!!

When I wrecked my 91 Legacy it was a pretty bad wreck. It left 3 inch deep gashes in the road. At some point I bounced up into a field (raised about 6 feet above the road) and did a 180 and then ended up back down onto the road (again down 6 feet). The reason for losing control of it so badly was either from going over a hill a bit too fast and going airborne and then smashing it down onto the roadway, shoving the front two tires into the engine compartment, OR from having a mysterious blow-out as the weight shifted, coming up over that same hill, depending on who you ask. The frame of the car was bent about 6 inches up (hard to explain, basically the window frames buckled quite badly). There were no airbags and the automatic seatbelts were... well, if you've ever seen them, they were... interesting. It didn't look like it was a safe car.

But I was only very lightly injured and I still to this day maintain I could have limped it home (about a mile away on the same road I wrecked it). Just another one of those things that told me I had to get another Legacy.

That's a really cool story to have man! Sorry about your car tho:/^

haha but wow lj! You weren't kiddin! I really like it:) but yeah these things are tanks. A few nights after.I got mine I was on a snowy gravel road heading to town with a friend and he wanted me to drift it really bad.. wouldn't shut up about it. So I finally caved.. long story short I shifted when.I should have gave it a little more juice and took out at least 15 feet of a fence. It was blocking a drop off to a creek and.I managed to back out and drive it away with out any damage. Needless to say the only tome I drift anymore is in an open snowy parking lot lol.

On a different note.. the opportunity to buy a totaled 03 wrx has presented its self to me. Really want the struts, seats, any various other interior parts. I'm really contemplating an engine swap tho. Wondering whether or not I would have to take the Tranny off too. Ecu would obviously come with it so I'm wondering how hard all the other wiring would be? This would be my first ever engine swap which is why I'm lingering on the decision to not do it. But I REALLY want to too lol. I'm in a pickle. cause I <3 horsepower lol

if it was me id get it just for the struts seats etc. I would assume the tranny would need to go to make it easier. ECU might not be setup for an auto trans? I would have no idea about the wiring. Engine swap would be pretty straight forward like i said just not sure about the wiring.

If you can get it cheap enough id say go for it! Worse case the engine and stuff sits a bit while you do more research on the swap!

I've been extremely indecisive about what I want to do with Thia car.. but with some recent knowledge that I've gained about the customizations I can do with this car... I think.the new plan is to keep this as a project car... hopefully drop an EJ22T(preferably) or drop am EJ20 from the wrx into it. While doing that project I want to find an old Subaru Justy, loyale(preferably) or an n/a svx.. or maybe even another legacy wagon. But either way.. I think I'm solid on the decision that I want to customize the current legacy:) either that or buy a 2002 legacy gt and customize that. These plans will hopefully go.into action around the end.of the summer when.I.get back.from BMT for the USAF:)

Just thought I'd share lol

• 3 weeks later...

Archived