LegacyGT.com

Subaru roadmap 2012-2015 (rumor)

WraithAkaMrak

In light of the recent engine downsizing, I don't think the GT is going away... I would think they would axe the 3.6R and make an auto LGT.

They should just do an early redesign of the Legacy anyways. The 2010+ are fugly..bring back the Spec.B and make the GT/Spec.B a true GT/Spec.B again like the 05-09 was.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I would most like to see, is a return to the North American market of the Legacy wagon. I'd especially like to see a return of the Legacy GT wagon. Though if I'm dreaming down that path why not also introduce the North American market a Spec.B version of the Legacy GT wagon. It's a niche market that would be interested in it, but it would be a lot of the same market that drools over the CTS-V wagon, but with a realistic budget...like me...

I, and I'm sure a lot of other people at least on this site, bought the LGT-W because it fit what we wanted better than anything else south of the $50,000 price line.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

In light of the recent engine downsizing, I don't think the GT is going away... I would think they would axe the 3.6R and make an auto LGT.

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/drive/motor-news/subaru-diesels-to-get-automatic-transmission-20120227-1txa5.html

According to this story out of Australia, diesel Outbacks will get the improved CVT. The last time I checked, the 2.0 diesel make 350 Nm. 350 Nm is about 258 lb-ft. Same amount of torque as the current GTs. Coincidence?

It's on the roadmap - hybrid is coming. Probably Legacy/Outback.

Depending on how it's executed, I could seriously get behind a Subaru hybrid. Think about it. Subaru isn't known for doing things exactly "mainstream" or "normal"...for better or worse...

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

• 3 months later...
All this talk from you guys about how bad the Exiga is gives me the sad. The Tribeca is a horrible vehicle if you need the third row. In my head, I have likened the Exiga to a Subaru version of a Ford Flex or JDM Odyssey or *gasp* MB R-Class. If you only have 2 kids, sure a Legacy or Forester works best. If you have more, bye bye Subaru. Subaru already lost me on the recent car purchase of a TSX wagon because of no Legacy wagon. Now with a 3rd child on the way, I have an Odyssey to hold us over for the next year to see how the dust settles on this issue.

have you SEEN how big the Outback is?! The Outback would make a better 3 row vehicle than the Tribeca by looking at the cargo volumes. Besides, the Exiga is due for a full makeover where it could easily increase in size a bit. I looked up specs of a 2008 JDM Odyssey, and the Exiga is right in line with its dimensions except for being 3.6" taller (why it looks wonky like the Forester always did vs Impreza). It's even lighter than the 4WD Odyssey as well by 100kg from what I found. I'm not concerned about the CURRENT Exiga; I'm looking ahead to the next Exiga and the slim chance it could come over. I'm not about to buy a Highlander even if it has a Subaru badge slapped on it.

have you SEEN how big the Outback is?! The Outback would make a better 3 row vehicle than the Tribeca by looking at the cargo volumes. Besides, the Exiga is due for a full makeover where it could easily increase in size a bit. I looked up specs of a 2008 JDM Odyssey, and the Exiga is right in line with its dimensions except for being 3.6" taller (why it looks wonky like the Forester always did vs Impreza). It's even lighter than the 4WD Odyssey as well by 100kg from what I found. I'm not concerned about the CURRENT Exiga; I'm looking ahead to the next Exiga and the slim chance it could come over. I'm not about to buy a Highlander even if it has a Subaru badge slapped on it.

From what I heard, the Exiga is also facing the same problems as the Tribeca. It is a slow seller in Japan and Australia. Not sure if it too old, too small, or there are better options in those markets.

Subaru does not offer a decent 6 seater for me, at the moment. When the time comes to trade in my wife's 08 Tribeca, my options will be with another make; the Toyota Sienna AWD, the new Nissan Pathfinder or the next gen Mazda CX9. Hopefully there will be a Subaru solution in the near furture.

All this talk from you guys about how bad the Exiga is gives me the sad. The Tribeca is a horrible vehicle if you need the third row. In my head, I have likened the Exiga to a Subaru version of a Ford Flex or JDM Odyssey or *gasp* MB R-Class. If you only have 2 kids, sure a Legacy or Forester works best. If you have more, bye bye Subaru. Subaru already lost me on the recent car purchase of a TSX wagon because of no Legacy wagon. Now with a 3rd child on the way, I have an Odyssey to hold us over for the next year to see how the dust settles on this issue.

The Tribeca is not "horrible." I have fit people in three rows regularly (only kids in the 3rd row), and it is not horrible. It's tight, and not good for long distances, but it's definitely workable.

It would be a perfect 3-row for the Japanese. Unfortunately the average American is a bit bigger, so the Tribeca ends up a little tight.

Same size as the Mazda5? This is true, and I see a lot of them around here. Guess what though? The Mazda5 is equally close to the dimensions of the Outback. They are a near perfect size to me: roughly the size of the original Caravan.

I disagree that the Tribeca IS horrible. It is not a vehicle that you would want to use 3 rows on a daily basis. On occasion, sure. A family that needs 3 rows daily though is a different story. As SUV's go, the Tribeca and X5 have the very worst 3rd row. Mine was a 3.0 H6, so it was lacking in the power arena as well. Subaru is enough of the anti-SUV company that I don't think that having another SUV be their 6-7 passenger is necessary or even in line with the brand ethos.

rumor mongering: There is certainly room for the possibility that given the increase in Legacy/Outback's size, the next version could easily be made into a 6-7 passenger wagon/Grand Tourer. With a hole of no Legacy wagon, this could easily, logically fill that missing gap without waiting for the Legacy redo in 2015 using styling cues from the Advanced Tourer Concept.

From Wikipedia:

Exiga dimensions:

Length 4,740 mm (186.6 in)

Width 1,775 mm (69.9 in)

Height 1,660 mm (65.4 in)

Mazda 5

Length 1999-2002: 4,295 mm (169.1 in)

2002-2005: 4,305 mm (169.5 in)

Width 1999-2002: 1,695 mm (66.7 in)

2002-2005: 1,705 mm (67.1 in)

Height 1999-2002: 1,590 mm (62.6 in)

2002-2005: 1,600 mm (63.0 in)

Exiga is a bit bigger.

That would be the old 5 wagon, not Mazda5.

.....................Exiga.....Outback...08 JDM Odyssey...Mazda5

length.............186.6.....188.6......187.8..................180.5

width................69.9......71.7........70.9...................68.9

height...............65.4......63.6........61.8...................63.6

wheelbase........108.3....108.1.......111.4.................108.3

f track..............60.0......60.4........61.4....................60.2

r track..............60.2......60.4........61.4....................59.8

ground clear........5.9.......8.4..........5.9.....................5.5

Archived