LegacyGT.com

Subaru roadmap 2012-2015 (rumor)

WraithAkaMrak

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highly unlikely in my opinion. That particular new turbo setup has to go somewhere. It is impossible that they designed totally new arrangement under the hood for a 3 year run in one body style. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in the new wrx at some point. Seems to be so much more efficient and people are getting into 300 Tq with just map upgrade! Might be one ugly MF but they did something right under the hood. Maybe they will keep this setup just for the legacy but then it would make sense to try to branch out into ....wagon maybe or more likely Forester.

Or it will be just that: solely the new engine in the WRX/STI as they have been waiting to launch it as it's own platform. Wouldn't surprise me at this point. They want that brand (WRX/STI) to be the halo car. Why else would you separate it from your econobox Impreza brand? One Halo car to rule them all. One Base car to appease the appliance crowd.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I would NOT want one of those tall, ugly, mis-proportioned, not-wagon, not-SUV, bastards in my driveway.

I'll stick for lusting after the Legacy wagon and the Advanced Touring Concept (stripped of all the "concept-y" BS).

Doesnt seem that tall...throw some Swifts, wheels and tint on it then youve got bad-ass non-wagon/non-SUV family sled.

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/exiga_01.jpg

What the hell a 3 door hatch? thats a stupid idea. I honestly hope they don't do that. I want a 5 doors and or 4 doors wagon not 3! if they make a 3 door,it's sure to alienate alot of buyers. I don't think they will make a 3 door though. Hopefully a 4-5 door hatchback wagon will still be available. Motor trend is just a bs magazine that doesn't know jack shit,motortrend is just creating rumors.

Doesnt seem that tall...throw some Swifts, wheels and tint on it then youve got bad-ass non-wagon/non-SUV family sled.

I'd say it looks like it rides the short bus, but on further consideration I've decided that it is the short bus.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Doesn't seem that tall...throw some Swifts, wheels and tint on it then you've got bad-ass non-wagon/non-SUV family sled.

I'm not talking about the suspension; I'm talking about the body it's self being tall, ungainly and mis-proportioned.

Have you seen one in person? This picture doesn't do justice to just how wonky the ...car... is in person. This is of course my opinion. I'm not an automotive designer, engineer, or have anything to do with the business other than being a paying customer. I can kinda see how they make sense here in Japan, where there isn't a Tribeca, but the US has the Tribeca. Having seen both this and the Tribeca, I'd rather have the Tribeca....or the Forester....or an Outback...or a Legacy wagon.

There's a number of Subaru models that the US doesn't get, this should remain one of them.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I'd say it looks like it rides the short bus, but on further consideration I've decided that it is the short bus.

:lol:

I'm not talking about the suspension; I'm talking about the body it's self being tall, ungainly and mis-proportioned.

Have you seen one in person? This picture doesn't do justice to just how wonky the ...car... is in person. This is of course my opinion. I'm not an automotive designer, engineer, or have anything to do with the business other than being a paying customer. I can kinda see how they make sense here in Japan, where there isn't a Tribeca, but the US has the Tribeca. Having seen both this and the Tribeca, I'd rather have the Tribeca....or the Forester....or an Outback...or a Legacy wagon.

There's a number of Subaru models that the US doesn't get, this should remain one of them.

Fair enough :lol:

...and no I havent seen it in-person. I'll stop going off the "Let's make it look cooler than it is" marketing pics :lol:

I was at the Chicago auto show today, and stopped by the Subaru booth. I talked to the people working there and asked they had heard anything for the 2013 Legacy? The guy said he had heard a couple "rumors" of cooled front seats and a passenger seat that raises and lowers. I asked about the changing of the Nav unit and he flat out said no. I also mentioned if he heard anything about a possible Spec B. The guy mentioned he would love it they did, but he hasn't heard any plans to do so. I just thought I would pass that on. If any one goes I'd be interested to see what info you get.

As a side note, they still didn't have an LGT on display; they only had a base 2.5 there. I don't know why they support the car at all. You would think they would at least have a 3.6 R or a 2.5 with leather.

I was at the Chicago auto show today, and stopped by the Subaru booth. I talked to the people working there and asked they had heard anything for the 2013 Legacy? The guy said he had heard a couple "rumors" of cooled front seats and a passenger seat that raises and lowers. I asked about the changing of the Nav unit and he flat out said no. I also mentioned if he heard anything about a possible Spec B. The guy mentioned he would love it they did, but he hasn't heard any plans to do so. I just thought I would pass that on. If any one goes I'd be interested to see what info you get.

As a side note, they still didn't have an LGT on display; they only had a base 2.5 there. I don't know why they support the car at all. You would think they would at least have a 3.6 R or a 2.5 with leather.

I will be headed to the Chicago Auto show on Sunday but I probably won't spend much time at the Subaru booth as they don't have much that interests me anymore.

What the hell a 3 door hatch? thats a stupid idea. I honestly hope they don't do that. I want a 5 doors and or 4 doors wagon not 3! if they make a 3 door,it's sure to alienate alot of buyers. I don't think they will make a 3 door though. Hopefully a 4-5 door hatchback wagon will still be available. Motor trend is just a bs magazine that doesn't know jack shit,motortrend is just creating rumors.

I see a lot more 3 door Golf/GTIs than 5 door models on the road over on the west coast.

Am I the only one stoked by the 3 door wrx/sti variant? Give the symmetrical setup the advantage of the sharper and nimbler dynamics of a short hatch setup? Sure it's only gonna make sense of they at least keep a 4 door version of the wrx. Maybe a new turbo model off the Impreza. Impreza gt?

Archived