LegacyGT.com

terribly sorry for the novice post

Power limit?

All depends on how you drive it.

The LGT fares better than the older WRX's, for sure. There are guys making 350whp and 380ft-lbs without any real problem.

If you don't launch, and don't shift like you are trying to break something, then you'll be fine for about that 350ft-lb mark with some degree of safety.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

the lgt 5mt is pretty robust. the 09+ wrx has similar characteristics, my buddy has been running his 09 wrx at 370whp 390ftlb (mustang dyno) for a couple years now without a problem. Of course if you bang gears it will not last as long.... but the lgt gears in the 5mt are pretty tough

I don't have cemented goals,I just finished up the engine build now i'm worried about my vf46 pushing 18psi with 105k on it. So Im trying to decide on a turbo and accessory components quickly but m not trying to put in a new tranny..atleast not right now.

Thanks for the info, it will certainly be of help

Well I was fine until I left for work yesterday,I think I heard a metal/mechanical noise when I was driving,(im not sure music was up pretty loud) but I wasn't going hard on it. Im really busy all week do idk when I can pull the turbo so I've been driving really careful

Depends on the amount of play. If there is contact with the turbine housing it may end up costing you a motor.

If it's a slight amount of play it may be ok.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

So i'm going to guess 200 miles with shaft play would be really bad ( estimated miles i'm driving before I can pull it)

My vf40 began to whine for a while, then when it changed to a whistle I stopped driving the car and replaced it. I'd say it whined for a couple of hundred miles, if and when it whistles STOP driving it.

You should also make sure you don't have any loose connections giving you a false noise...

Oh I also ran 19psi on the vf40 for the previous two years or so with more miles then you have.

see my sig.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Max cap , thanks for the reassurance, i'm probably just worrying to much

I found some bolts loose on my vf52 a few months after I installed it, so check them first.

Good Luck

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

OF COURSE NOT. OP asked about the 5mt not the clutch itself but since you are asking I have ran OEM, exedy stage1 and COMP so far in my LGT.

That was for OP. sorry for the confusion.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Archived