LegacyGT.com

Trade my Automatic for your Manual?

Youre doing it wrong. Vb mod /thread

a lot of people don't know how to drive automatics! thats the main problem!

the right torque converter and control of an automatic will be faster than a manual.

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

a lot of people don't know how to drive automatics! thats the main problem!

the right torque converter and control of an automatic will be faster than a manual.

While I may not know how to properly take advantage of an auto as well as others, driving a manual is a personal preference for me

I'd like to make the same trade for my auto wagon. Since everyone hates their manual wagons so much it should be an easy trade.

Hexmod VB is on my list. I can be happy with an auto, even without the vb mod I've had a lot of fun with this car. When I can actually make it fast and not worry about the tranny I will love it.

What is the specs of the car, reg. Limited, how many miles?

I have a 2.5gt Limited sedan, 5MT, Red, with approx 61K. I'm waiting till weather gets nicer out to put the new SB. While I'm at it, stock turbo rebuild too.

• 3 months later...
Found this older thread searching for something else. I have a silver 2006 LGT 5 speed MT I'd consider trading for an auto, my wife doesn't like driving it & my daughter will be learning to drive soon. PM me for more info. This was a Florida car until 18 months agom, I now live in NC and the car has seen road salt only once. Underbody is very clean. Sunroof, custom stereo w/Focal speakers, JL amp & sub.

The 5eat with F1 valve body is so underrated by all the diehard MT fans on this forum who have never driven a fast auto. Don't get me wrong, I love my new MT now, but that F1VB made the car a blast, I drove it in manual mode 99% of the time, it shifted faster than I can, and with the high stall speed the turbo would spool up quicker than a similar MT on the street. With a large turbo on an AT, most would be surprised how quickly the turbo spools with the torque converter unlocked.

I'd like to make the same trade for my auto wagon. Since everyone hates their manual wagons so much it should be an easy trade.

Hexmod VB is on my list. I can be happy with an auto, even without the vb mod I've had a lot of fun with this car. When I can actually make it fast and not worry about the tranny I will love it.

Why is that? I would have taken a wagon over my sedan. The 'sleepier/ stealthier' the ride, the better.

I think I said I wanted to trade my auto wagon for a manual wagon. I don't care about the stealth factor as much, I just can't do everything I want to do in day to day life with a sedan.

Maybe I didn't say it clearly... That's what I meant though.

Archived