LegacyGT.com

Touch up paints

www.paintscratch.com is a good source for touch up paint. I'm not overly impressed with the paint the dealership gave me. It says its a match for Regal Blue, but its definitely a lot lighter than the rest of the car. Touch up work pretty much stands out more than the scratch. I'm getting my next bottle from PaintScratch.com. I think the color match will be better.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The dealer provided me with a jar of DupliColor touch up paint that had my paint code on it. DupliColor has not been well known for their color matching abilities with metallics, so that could be the problem with mine. Anyway, the point is that they don't provide you with a jar of factory mixed paint.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I just ordered a kit from paintscratch.com for my satin white pearl, which is a tricoat paint. Cost about $45 for the one oz. base, one oz. pearl clearcoat and one oz. clearcoat top coat.

There is no way a $11 dealer issue touchup bottle is going to match factory paint these days. :(

I know exactly what you mean... my saleman gave me the stick of touch up paint for my pearl wht wagon... that crap drys lighter than the original color. I thought he gave me the wrong thing, so I went to go back to verify. The parts deptartment was like yeah its the right one. Just like you guys said. that stands out more than the little knicks. The paint looks like water.

Got Torque ?

This is some good advice on how to do a good job. If you are just touching up chips in the bumper then its easiest to use a toothpick and dip & dot the area. If you are touching up a much larger scratch or chip then the advice in that article is good. The Langka kit is a real help in doing professional looking touch up work. There is a bit of a learning curve, but it is nice to use when you get the hang of it.

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived