LegacyGT.com

2006 Spec B

The thing that keeps being brought up is the "watered down" Spec B.

Our Spec B is very similar to the JDM. Both are suspension, wheels/tires, and visual packages on the GT. Nothing more.

To bring the JDM Spec B Subaru would have had to take the engine through the emissions process for a run of 500 cars. The price increase would have been beyond what 99% of the people here would have been willing to pay. So, they took a GT and upgraded the suspension, wheels/tires, and the interior. Seems to me the only thing different about the JDM GT to JDM Spec B transition is the body kit on the JDM Spec B.

I just don't get the complaining about a watered down Spec B when you have the same thing in Japan...

Ted

:spin:

guys...

forget about Legacy Sti....that's not gonna happen for a long long time....not until Subaru changed its whole cooporate image...

to most of NA people subaru is probably more of a cross-over SUV brand than Performance brand. Subaru is still playing catch up games with bigger manufacturers......every new model that subaru brings or comes out is to match the level of the competition.....not exceeding them...........until Subaru becomes the LEADING manufacturer in pereformance catagory, we will NOT see any Legacy Sti with 6 cylinder turbo..........not gonna happen....not even Japan has that version....

so can we drop the H6 turbo thing?...:p

Um, NO!

Subaru has developed the engine. It is in the B11S concept car, and they'd be stupid not to be developing it in their "skunkworks."

First of all, do you know for sure that it WON'T happen? do tell, if it is more than your opinion. (in which case, any opinion, including mine, is just as valid as yours.)

Second of all, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Subaru does need to change and broaden it's corporate image. But it isn't going to do that with "more of the same."

A Car manufacturer with 1% marketshare is not going to become the leading manufacturer in the performance category. Certainly not with what they have now.

You seem to think that Subaru is just going to majically ascend the brand image ladder, THEN release good stellar product. That never happens.

Subaru wasn't thought much of as a performance brand until the WRX STi hammered home the idea that the WRX and 2.5RS before it had started. They released a performance product, then an even better one, THEN the reputation followed.

Subaru will never be seen as a performance value leader by sticking to what it is already doing. No risk, no reward. Other brands are doing it slightly "better" in the eyes of the market already, Infiniti being mentioned.

Subaru needs to hit the market with a hammer, so to speak. they have the technology. They can make it quicker, faster, and more powerful. They even have the branding in place, with STi, which is their encompassing motorsports division, which doesn't have to be "just rally."

THEN the sales and corporate image will change significantly for the positive. As long as they play it safe, they'll stay where they are. with falling profits, and poor investment ratings.

ha....what you said is more or less what i wanted to say....just that you put it in better words than me...:redface:

ya....they do need to bring someth extradinary to change how people see them, and Subaru is not yet in the position to do that due to, as you mensioned, market share, profits, etc.

yes Sti is a bomb in NA, but seriously, IMO, it's a very well tuned, factory tuned car. Eventhough it has exotic car performance and handling, but it doesn't have that exotic feel, and to make matter worse, WRC doesn't have the popularity it deserves in NA.

I really like my Legacy, but i like it only for it's great power plant and the simplicity of the drivetrain (which keeps the cost down:redface: )....and value for the money....but over all i think Subaru just matched the level achieved by Acura, infinity, etc, 2 years ago, but no better.

But i don't blame them, you have to have HUGE profit to be adventurous in car business, and i just don't think Subaru is in that situation yet. ( especialy when yo u only see no more than 3 other legacys on the road in 2 months)

I too really don't mind they bring out a Legacy Sti with H6 turbo. If they execute that plan right, it WILL significantly change how people sees Subaru. But I just don't think it'll happen soon. well......hopefully the 5th gen Legacy...:cool:

Just my 0.02....:)

no....:p ......let me rephrase, the premium brand feel.....

imagine all of us won the lottery of , let's say 5mil........

who would still buy a Subaru?....:rolleyes:

i know i won't......i'd get a RS6 wagon and an Elise....:cool:

no....:p ......let me rephrase, the premium brand feel.....

imagine all of us won the lottery of , let's say 5mil........

who would still buy a Subaru?....:rolleyes:

i know i won't......i'd get a RS6 wagon and an Elise....:cool:

I would! I would buy an 06STi, and an 05 Legacy GT Wagon MANUAL (06 bastards), and a Tribeca for my girl.

-Allen

A Maserati Quattroporte, Porsche Carrera 4S, Ferrari 430, Aston DB9, TVR Sagaris, a Range Rover Sport, and swiss-army-knife of a customized truck, something cool like a topless land rover. And a host of sporting motorcycles.

But I would settle for what I can afford if Subaru would just make a worth-while GT Spec B in WR Blue/Blue Alcantara (basically a WR Limited for this country), add in a telescoping steering wheel, memory seats/mirrors, an input on the stereo (or iPod integration), HIDs, and a 6MT with 65-35 VTD AWD. Throw in a working ACC, with the three-digital-dial setup from the B9, and I am pretty much all good, aside from some choice aftermarket parts.

Add a 400hp twin-turbo flat 6, that we have all been talking about, and some STi badges, and I'll kick in another few thousand greenbacks.

Archived