LegacyGT.com

Car starting issue

08 N/A with 37,000 mi. Doubt this has to do with the weather because the temperatures here in NYC jumped to 50 degrees after a 20 degree weekend. Earlier today I hopped into the ride to start the car only to have the car have a hard time starting. It eventually started on the second try but can anyone give any input as to why a car this young have a hard time starting? Just purchased a new battery so that can't be an issue. Any help will be appreciated! I never brought the car in for that recall for cold weather starts, so would that fix the issue?

arrived home at work at 3. Moved car to another spot at 4. Then moved car to garage at 530. All while it was raining out with temperatures in mid 40s-50s.

Hopefully the reflash does the trick. I started the car thia morning with no problems but its odd that something like that would happen to my car.

i found that once in a while if i take the car on short drives (5 mins) and then restart the car within a short period of time occasionally it will struggle/stutter a bit but it usually starts. might have something to do with the cats not being hot enough from the previous cycle?? is what i might theorize

it doesn't seem to be as noticeable after getting the reflash but it still happens once in a while.

might be what you're experiencing since you were just moving the car around, i'm assuming short distances.

Thats funny cause my car did the same thing last night too when i went to move it. It cranked for a full 4 seconds instead of on the second stroke. Moved my car the 50 ft i needed to and then turned off and restarted and it started just fine.

Thats good to know. I just moved the car around the block within an hour, two hour time period, I don't think I've ever done that before (someone asked me to just save them a parking spot, go figure) so maybe thats why i experienced that. Thanks for the info! I'll keep an eye to see if it happens again.

I thought it was because of the cold weather. Mine took probably a smidge longer to turn over a couple times during the weekend when it was ~20 degree weather. It was back to normal this morning at ~37 degrees.

I also have not done the ecu re-flash, am at ~46k with the last ~6k on Amsoil synthetic.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived