LegacyGT.com

2008 GT Limited CPO from dealer

jblack08GT

Local dealership has an '08 Limited GT, 55k, DGM, 2yr 10mo & 45k left on the factory warranty. It looks to be in pretty decent shape to me, there are 3 noticeable flaws in the body: Front bumper has some heavy road rash & chips, above the driver taillight where it meets up near the trunk its dented and creased along the edge where it meets the taillight, and then on the passenger rear fender there was some sort of intense dent that they attempted to remove through PDR but it is still very noticeable.

They have it stickered for $20k, internet priced $19k, I personally don't think its worth either of those figures.

I would like to know what would be a reasonable price to aim for? I unfortunately will be trading in my AW 2003 BMW 330i ZHP :wub: for it. KBB trade suggests ~13,5kish. I was thinking maybe work a deal where I pay $18k take $12k on the car and the dealer throws in SPT Full CBE and maybe STI Pink Springs? Thoughts, comments?

Side note: Taking the car home for a night very soon, plan to bring it to the dealership I work at and put it on a lift to check stuff out. What are main/key areas to inspect for general ware/tear and possible problem spots?

Thanks in advanced for any help

I wouldn't give them more than $15K for it, after they fix all the cosmetic damage on it. Does it have navigation? That may bring up the price a little bit, but wow... They are asking WAY too much

Yea thats what I was thinking. And the damage will be quite pricey. No it does not have navigation.

Where are you located? That has a big factor in pricing.

My apologies, Charlotte area, NC.

I took it home for the weekend. Took it to work and got it up on the lift. I must say Im not very impressed with their "factory certified 152 pt test." I work at a Honda dealership and we are very stringent when it come to certified pre-owneds. Rear break pads were near nothing, several bushings were showing signs of near worn out, the steering rack needs replacement or something. From what I understand the seals inside are bad. My buddy saw a little oil build up on one of the boots, poked it with a needle and it started draining fluid.

I know it will all be covered by the warranty but Im still on the fence about pulling the trigger. I guess price options will be the determining factor

Archived