LegacyGT.com

LTD or non-LTD GT Sedan?

i (think) i will purchase an atuo GT sedan very soon, but i still cant decide to get a LTD or a non LTD one. the electronic seats, leather trim, and moon roof; do they really worth the extra 4k? and anyone knows which subaru dealer in SoCal has the GT B4s in-stock? thanks! :oops:

Guest *Jedimaster*
For me, I've always wanted leather, so I got it. I could take or leave the sunroof, but the wife wanted it, so the Ltd. was a no brainer for me. I was inititally uneasy about the sunroof as my first new car had a factory sunroof that leaked after less than 30K miles. But my wife pointed out that it was a domestic and this is an import.

[quote name='antelope']For me, the power seats don't matter, since I'll be the driver 98% of the time, and I like the cloth seats. The moonroof would have been nice, but not worth the extra $$$.[/quote] Same here. I like the cloth seats a lot, and I don't slide around.

It seems like the moon-roof and leather are the "things to get" Leather I can sort of understand, but it's still hot in the summer and cold in the winter.... but I just don't "get" the moonroof. Maybe it's because I've never had a car with one, or maybe it's because I live in new england whether 97% of the year you either need the heat on or the AC, or even both on the same day :| Can someone explain to me what people think the advantages are of both, but talk to me like I'm 4? Thanks.

it really all depends on the type of feeling you want yourself (and others) to have when you/they step into the car. to me, i will def be getting the 2.5i limited. the leather makes the legacy look more like a luxury car. one reason i wanted leather was so the legacy could sortof imitate the acura TSX i've always wanted (until all those transmission problems came out, plus the fact thats its not awd). the other features, like a moonroof are more for show. i'm a young guy, getting my first car in 6 months (don't have my license yet). the leather makes me feel comfy and better about the car, and i'm sure the leather+moonroof (and navi and GT hood i will be installing :wink: ) will make whoever gets into my car more impressed.

Thanks for all ur info! i think i will be going for the LTD. i have once sat in a leather trimed JDM be4, so i have to make sure if they are the same and just now, i have got a decent deal for a 04 fully loaded IS300, including the NAV, for 31,000! :o any comments? man, for some reasons, i really want the Nav, even i won't use it much; but i just love Navs :oops: (sounds stupid huh :lol: ) anyway, i will be getting a Nav for my GT, any suggestions? PDA ones are fine too... [img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00029BQ9S.01.PT02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]

There is just something about the sun roof all opened up... Mmmh... Cool night air, moon light pouring in. My wifes hair dancing in the breeze. 8) I had a 325ic 1992 BMW. The convertible was an incredible experience, but the road noise was horrible. I think a moonroof the quality of the GT Ltd Wagon's is better than a convertible. You get the experience with out the risk, mess, noise. Now as for leather, it is easy cleaning. I have seen cloth seats drink up a cup of coffee in seconds. It never really come out. In the convertible (with leather) it wiped right up. J.R.

the ltd leather is perforated. what's behind the perforations? will it clean like solid leather, or do you get the worst of both worlds: the hot/cold thing, and spills soak into the perforations?

About week later after my Infiniti got totaled in an accident, we driving my wife's car and she tell me to open up sunroof, I reply that her car doesn't have one. I get back somewhat confused look and then she tells me that my next car should have one. And looking in the face of my 3 year old daughter when sunroof is wide open realy helps to understand that some things are worth it even if they used only few times a year. Should I add that I like it too, if it's done with proper quality since dealing with sunroof that leaks all year around realy kills all the joy it gives you. (this one looks good so far)

If you're indifferent to the leather and the power seats, an option could be to have a moonroof installed. The first GT I saw on a dealer's lot was a GT non-ltd where the dealer was putting a moonroof in for a customer who wanted one for less than the cost of the ltd package. As noted, you need to be very sure about the quality of the installation. I had a moonroof on my MY85 Honda Prelude - it was nice, but it's not a priority for me. I'm not the tidiest person alive, and having that much wind in the cabin had me worried that something was going to blow out the window. I'm just as happy turning on the A/C and focusing on driving. :twisted:

CPTChaplin--- I saw your post regarding the sunroof. I'm getting my wagon on Wednesday. I love the sunroof closed and the sunshade wide open-it gives me a bright airy greenhouse feeling. I took a long test ride but for some reason I never opened it! As I was pulling away from the dealership I was thinking about the fact that it is a two piece unit and more potential for leaks came to mind. I guess I'm looking for things to worry about. Any leaks with yours? My '87 325 has a hand crank roof which never leaked a drop. Thanks.

[quote name='mmanus88']crapy, you cna do a lot better then PDA navigation systems. look into what pioneer has to offer, they have a new black foldout screen unit that works great. other companies like alpine also have great navi gear.[/quote] yeah, i no which one u are talking about, but we dont have the din in the states.........

I was kinda set of a Ltd but recently I think I'd rather have cloth. Question: How long do you think the leather seats will last? I will probably keep this car for about 15 years (or at least it will be in the family), longer if it holds up really well. I've been told by this time the leather will have cracked all over the place.

The cloth in my GT looks and feels indestructible. Perhaps not a consideration for you but I have two small children and was concerned that the car seats in the back, since they are compressed into the seat to keep them from moving around, would stretch the leather. Tom

I'm selling my '02 WRX wagon so moving up market is a necessity. Since the GT doesn't "kill" the WRX the way the STI does in terms of speed, luxury has to be the differentiating factor.

[quote name='jk']the ltd leather is perforated. what's behind the perforations? will it clean like solid leather, or do you get the worst of both worlds: the hot/cold thing, and spills soak into the perforations?[/quote] Good point! I'd imagine that it's fairly porous behind the perforations, meaning that spills will probably go straight to the foam (maybe through some fabric layer first). I think the perfs are designed to let the seat "breathe" better, and it may add a subtle amount of traction. Saab does it too but they put a fan in the seat to make the perfs more functional, a brilliant idea really.

Archived