LegacyGT.com

SPT Parts update...

nicd, you are the man! When is the suspension supposed to arrive? The previous comment about the engine weights being different had me wondering how much that really is. Is the EJ25 block bigger than the EJ20 or is it the same with bigger cylinders? I understood it to be the same size, so the EJ25 block could be slightly lighter but not enough to really throw off the suspension. If so, we need different suspension tuning for each of our own individual weights as well.

I think engine weight variance is a non-issue with respect to the suspensions. I think there is around a 150 lb. difference between similarly equipped JDM and USDM turbo models. However, JDM measures in dry weight (no fluids), and USDM measures in wet weight (all fluids at appropriate levels), so it is hard to make a comparison. If you add all the fluids (including a tank of gas), the difference between the two is probably negligible. Plus, when you consider the variances between models based upon options (GT v. GT LTD. = 65 lbs.?), and just the natural variances based upon passenger and cargo weight, I don't think Subaru calibrated the suspensions to such an extent as to account for the engine weight variances between JDM and USDM.

Ok I should have the exact specs on the dampening on our NA 2.5 GT wagons. I had to beg the Subaru Technical services for the info pretexting a change in tire for hauling, and wanting to get the correct tire pressure for the weight I have to haul. As for the 2.0 vs the 2.5 ltr it did not change the geometry on the STI or Forester, perhaps it changed the the rates we will see. I have put up (in the suspension section)a detailed article on the Spec B suspension vs the after market Bilstein offering i am sure we would get the answer if only someone could read Japanese!

Per engine weights, I would have to say it is probably less than 20lbs, therefore negligible. It's probably much closer than that though. I was told the EJ25 was virtually a bored EJ20, you can see that with cylinder to cylinder dimensions. Makes sense. Man, it will really be great to see how the Spec B suspension does. Might have to do a group-buy then if it really turns out nice!

Can anyone translate this from Japanese to English? [url]http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/parts/blbp_legacy/partslist.pdf[/url] Also some of the new '05 SPT Legacy Parts have been entered in the system: ST2050021000 - STi Front Strut Tower Brace ST4511355010 - STi High Pressure Radiator Cap ST4100055110 - STi Engine Mount F Rh ST4100055120 - STi Engine Mount F Lh ST4100055200 - STi Transmission Mt 5mt ST4100055140 - STi Rod Cp Pitching Stopper ZXB3178RF243 - STi Door Sills C8110SA000 - STi Pedal Pad Set Mt C8110SA010 - STi Pedal Pad Set At C1010SE000 - Momo Shift Knob M/t C101ESA000 - Momo Shift Knob A/t C1010AG000 - STi Short Throw Shifter More as I know! :D

glad to hear that more parts are becoming available. Given that this bar is for suspension purposes, what would the effects of the bar be, under side impacts? Do they provide more support for the car as well? Just curious if it enhances the 'ring-shaped' structure of the legacy? May no one ever run into the situation above...goodness bless!!! i.

That sucks that the suspension parts aren't compatible. I wonder if we will see ProDrive or someone offer worthwhile suspension upgrades. I won't buy no-name or brand X stuff, so it looks like a waiting game has begun...

[quote name='yacoub']That sucks that the suspension parts aren't compatible. I wonder if we will see ProDrive or someone offer worthwhile suspension upgrades. I won't buy no-name or brand X stuff, so it looks like a waiting game has begun...[/quote] You might be happy with the stock setup, who knows? It's got nothing but good reviews.. just needs some new rubber methinks!

[quote name='iamEJ25']wheres the link to these parts? i checked SPT.SUBARU and nothing is listed for the legacy[/quote] They are coming...the Subaru SPT site just hasn't been updated yet. It should be any day now. I work at a dealership so I saw the preliminary info that it was coming. Our parts dept. ordered it for our performance display :D I bought it as soon as they brought it out! :lol: P/N: ST2050021000

Archived