LegacyGT.com

Cleaning bugs off of headlights

What bug cleaner do you use on your bumper? That stuff should work just as well on the headlights. I haven't used a bug cleaner on my LGT yet. I just use the backside of my wash mitt with the webbing on it. That and some soap & water gets the bugs off just fine.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Yeah, i have the wash mitt with the mesh backing and it doesnt cut it. Maybe we have heavy duty bugs out here or i just drive too fast =P

I will try some of the other suggestions, thanks guys

Most wax/cleaners should remove bugs if traditional soap and water don't work.

Also waxing your headlights will make it easier to remove bugs -- similar to what it does for paint. I have Klasse on my headlights and most bugs just wipe off with minimal fuss.

Ken

Most wax/cleaners should remove bugs if traditional soap and water don't work.

Also waxing your headlights will make it easier to remove bugs -- similar to what it does for paint. I have Klasse on my headlights and most bugs just wipe off with minimal fuss.

Ken

Hmmm, i never thought about waxing my headlights before

Also waxing your headlights will make it easier to remove bugs

Same here I wax the headlight and taillight plastic. Beads water off for increased visibility as well as keeping bugs from sticking so much!

Cleaner/Wax will work and then keep a coat of wax/plexus/303 pretectant on them and they will be easier to clean. If you have some of our tinted covers we suggest keeping them clean w/303 protectant and the bugs will hardly stick at all - and the bug acid won't have such an easy time staining/eating the lens.

http://www.hot-subaru.com

http://www.pcpcdallas.com

Archived