LegacyGT.com

First Drive 2012 Cherokee SRT8

Then some weak salesperson or manager let that thing go for less than sticker....

There isn't an SRT8 on the ground in the USA right now with an MSRP of less than 60k....

What would I know. I just work for chrysler?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As do I...in a roundabout way...

Unless Chryslers' own numbers aren't accurate...you tell me.

I did a nationwide search of SRT8's on the ground...nothing cheaper than 60,855.....

You cannot get a base SRT8....at least not right now...as in typical Chrysler fashion...but, you work for Chrysler..you already knew that

Only idiots pay dealer markup on a new car.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

The prices are set to what they expect people to pay for the car.

In some cases it means that car B has some minor extra compared to car A in a way that actually doesn't cost the manufacturer more but they can still have a price on car B that's $5k higher.

In really weird cases the cheaper car is actually more expensive to make. That may be the case for some economy models that are de-tuned to lower power and lower fuel consumption.

453747.png

I clicked on the AutoTrader link....

Nothing there..you try it.

My guess is he was trying to presell a unit that he thought he could order....and found out he couldn't...

I tried to order one guys...I'm not full of shit....I have nothing to prove...I tried to order one because that is what I do for a living.....and I had to add stuff to get it over 60k....believe me it's true

I clicked on the AutoTrader link....

Nothing there..you try it.

My guess is he was trying to presell a unit that he thought he could order....and found out he couldn't...

I tried to order one guys...I'm not full of shit....I have nothing to prove...I tried to order one because that is what I do for a living.....and I had to add stuff to get it over 60k....believe me it's true

My sales manager just showed me otherwise

Ordering it and getting it are two different things (The SRT isn't a high volume model....if the regular GC's take up all the assembly line there going to produce the bread and butter models first). Wait a year and buy it used, and save 15-20 grand.

Its a novelty more than anything. I too, work for chrysler. Im a tech, and have the pleasure of driving and working on these often.
Techs don't have Sales Managers....

Nor do techs "drive and work" on srt8s often...if ever. Most dealerships only allow their Service managers/Shop managers to even touch this car....we only allow the shop manager to PDI any of the SRT8 vehicles.

Just for grins..I tried to order another one 5 minutes ago as a base unit..cannot be done.

Nor do techs "drive and work" on srt8s often...if ever. Most dealerships only allow their Service managers/Shop managers to even touch this car....we only allow the shop manager to PDI any of the SRT8 vehicles.

Just for grins..I tried to order another one 5 minutes ago as a base unit..cannot be done.

Then you must not trust your techs very well. We have 4-6 grand Cherokee srt8s that are regular customers, and I've had the pleasure of working on them nearly everytime they come in.

It is a car, it has a drivetrain and a body just like every other car. To only let your service manager work on it is asinine and shows a major lack of trust in your techs.

And you say most dealerships? Im in new england, and as all techs do.. have to go to school often enough. I've never spoken to a tech who isn't allowed to drive an srt8.

I think you should get out more often.

Lastly, im sorry that you couldn't pick up the implication of my [dealerships] sales manager. From now on, ill spell it out for you.

Maybe in your neighborhood techs don't "drive and work" on things like that but my dealer trust the techs that work there. If they didnt, we wouldn't be working there. I routinely work on srt vehicles, including the new ones. The only vehicle I don't do is the crossfire and thats because I litterally got stuck in the only one I tried to drive. Also, I deal and interact quite alot with the sales manager as I do a large portion of new veh upgrades and my fair share of used cars. So the sales manager isn't my boss but he sure is a customer and ultimately, that is the boss.

I'm a native of South Carolina. I am a dying breed.

I only ever worked on one viper. And it went from the parking spit to my bay and back. I let the clutch out with no throttle input in reverse and chirped the tires. That was enough for me :lol:

Archived