LegacyGT.com

Changing exhaust setup

LegacyDan

So just been thinking recently about changing my exhaust setup

Currently running:

3" catless downpipe with small resonator

Custom center cat section with high flow Magnaflow sports cat cell

Fujitsubo: LEGALIS-R CBE

Its not very loud audibly but looks loud in appearance if that makes sense. the muffler tips protrude out slightly longer than i would( maybe a wagon fitment CBE) like and i sometimes i think the tips are a bit too big(ricer!)

So i was thinking of a few options

1. Modify CBE to shorten the muffler sections slightly to pull them in a bit( Feels like a sin to hack up such a sexy system!)

2. Get a new center y section made up and put on 2 new unused standard mufflers i have, to give it that stock look

3. new center section and small universal mufflers

4. Switch to a single exit 5Zigen CBE that might be up for sale locally.

5. Stop being a bitch.... they look awesome

currently looks like this side on:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/IMG_20120106_141443.jpg

and from behind:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/desperatedano/IMG_20120106_141508.jpg

Im wondering how much of a restriction it would be getting a new center y section made up and putting the standard mufflers on. is there any cheap muffler only options i could get to make up the new CBE with slightly smaller tips?

I like Futjitsubo, but Their exhaust tips are always too big((

I would paint those tips and part of cans in black or gun metal first of all , because your car is black black black, and huge chrome tips looks really ricy(

They will be so cool in black or gun metal color.

But thats my opinion...

Yes, I'd agree that they stick out too far as well. Also, not a big fan of the melon shooter muffler tips on any vehicle, especially the LGT. I'd maybe sell the Futjitsubo CBE and see about another CBE that might be available to suit your needs. Stock mufflers are said to become a restriction when you go to a much bigger turbo. Unless there is a good exhaust shop that can bend some pipes to your liking and offer a good universal set of mufflers, I'd find another CBE if you're not satisfied. IMO, I think single exit on these looks off kilter.

i was thinking if i can shorten the mufflers a bit so they dont protrude as much past the rear bumper that might be best. Not sure if anyone over here does the black chrome treatment,would love to get that done. i doubt its a DIY job

It can be, a while back I saw a DIY paint treatment for a black chrome effect, 2 stage treatment, base coat that was a black color and then a chrome paint, and wa-la with good prep work= black chrome, or stop by an exhaust shop see if they have a crappy broken muffler to try different paint techniques on

I would not cut the mufflers as they are super sweet, but you could explore the y-pipe idea. I had my magnaflow modded the same way and for the same reason as you expressed in your post. I had a little trouble clearing the swap bar in order to achieve the look i wanted so i used 2.25" instead of 2.5" to clear it.

Archived