LegacyGT.com

header+up pipe

i was looking around for an up pipe and came across this, http://www.jdmcenter.com/product.html?id=subaru-legacy-gt-limited-02-07-ej20-ej25-header-up-pipe i have searched the forum and cant find anything on them. any suggestions? are they crap? for the price of a good up pipe, I could get headers also.

Also i couldn't find much info on the OBX cat back exhaust, any experience, good or bad? how about sound?

That header probably needs the flex joint to line the flanges up. If you bolt everything up, then cut it out and weld a solid piece in, it will fit. But it will eventually crack and leak anyways.

A lot of work for something that gives little to no performance gain.

Are your current headers the main restriction in your exhaust right now? Probably not. If you absolutely want to upgrade them then save your money and don't buy junk that will eventually be a headache.
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

• Moderators
Not to hijack this thread, but is it common opinion that any up pipe with a flex section could be a problem or just cheap knock off crap? I keep looking at up pipes and was planning to go with a flex pipe for ease of fitment and installation, but didn't realize that this could be a potential problem...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

just get the up pipe, headers don't do a whole lot unless your stage 3+, you'll lose a little bit of low end power but a gain a little top end due to the flow increase....a small curve shift to the right

generally id agree, but a good EL header like the gt spec one which comes with a solid UP and 3-bolt header/up flange will give improvement across the rpm band if tuned properly.

if you are gonna get a header, EL FTW

Archived