LegacyGT.com

Please help!!!!!!!

i have a 06 specB and today i was called to work and had to get there in a hurry. the temp was in the low 20s. i got on the throttle and the car cut off. CEL on and cruise light flashing. my brother gave me the code and its p0244. my car is bone stock except the silencer delete mod and a BOV by turbosmart. could the weather been a factor or what please help.:spin:also for some weird reason i put bosch plat plus 4 spark plugs in which i will change for ngk. please help plugs went in about a week ago havent really been driving the car tho.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trouble-codes-cels-26113.html

I'm betting the vacuum hose blow off the T under in front of the tmic.

ZIP TIE all vacuum hoses.

Welcome to the forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

in cold temps, it's not uncommon for you to overboost, thats what your code was. there is a potential vac leak, or blown off hose. those spark plugs certainly aren't appropriate for your car. go to the dealer and get the oem ngk. the silence delete mod nor is your BOV helping the siutation. non-recirc bov's suck, these cars are suppose to have recirc.

The Bosch plugs are to short for Subaru motors. So like you know the plugs need to be changed. Also have you been tuned for the BOV? The car will run pig rich if you dont tune that into the system. So with the dense cold weather and to much fuel I could see the car stalling. I would put the stock recirc valve on and see if that helps.

Without knowing more about the car and condition all our answers could be wrong. So any more information would be helpful.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

thanks guys for all your help. the BOV is a hybrid so i can just switch it to just recirc. i drove the car last night and a few times before everything seems fine....did i mention that i didnt let my car warm up? and i also forgot to tighten back up the intake hose when i did my spark plugs. smh so far so good tho. also i was thinking about putting a turbo timer on is that wise? most of the things im doing is for show only i dont want too much power i get in too much trouble..im young and dumb so im learning to drive slow.

turbo timers are pointless in these cars.

Also learn to check the oil every few day's until you learn how much oil your car uses. Top it off every time you check it.

DO NOT let the oil run low.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

ok cool no turbo timer for me then. im just searching for small things i can do to my car. it already is different from my counter parts cars but i want to make it more unique with gauges and things. thanks for all the help. my search continues

Just noticed you have 06 SpecB. do you know what car you have ? those things are kind of special.

I'd be careful about adding to much stuff to the interior.

Don't be in such a hurry to spend your money. Think about what you want and what makes the most HP or bang for the buck.

i have #300. i think im leaning towards not really doing too much to the car. ill do some brakes and thats all and for performance i will soon upgade the turbo up pipe downpipe and a tune. i think thats it for me. i dont want much power but i do like up grading my cars.

i checked the oil it reeked of gasoline. needless to say i took my BOV off since it was the cause of me running rich (PIG RICH) as it were. this weekend im going to do a semi-full tune up thats oil plugs and air filter. ive had no problems with it shutting off as of yet and i think by putting it back to stock and leaving well enough alone i should be ok. thanks guys for all of your help seriously

turbo timers are pointless in these cars.

Why do you say that? I thought the reason for turbo timers was to let the turbo cool down and keep residual oil in the turbo from boiling after the car is shut off. I do some pretty "spirited" driving and don't want to run the risk of destroying another turbo. I'm running an 18G if that makes any difference. Sorry for the thread jack... back on topic.

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Because we have a tank of coolant above it that partially drains through the turbo once the engine is off. Turbo timers are designed primarily for oil only turbos which are the majority. We have coolant and oil and there is no need to let it idle after road use. Maybe track use but not road. This has been discussed on this forum in delirium.

Archived