LegacyGT.com

Cruise control speed limit?

The cruise control have a max speed limit - i can drive with 90 miles, no more...

I don`t like this, please tell me is there any hack to unlock it or...:)

I had an Outback before, European model and it was no speed limit...

May be it is only for USDM Subarus!

i had cruse set to 220 kmph for several hours on my way through germany

edit

well the cruse was set at 250 but the car couldn't go that fast

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

The cruise control have a max speed limit - i can drive with 90 miles, no more...

I don`t like this, please tell me is there any hack to unlock it or...:)

I had an Outback before, European model and it was no speed limit...

May be it is only for USDM Subarus!

Yes, you can change the CC Min. & Max setting. With ATR if you running Cobb's AP OST. ATR as 4 tables A-D with a Min.& Max setting. Or take it to a tuner to have them reset you CC. ATR or a tuner can adjust you top speed limiter too. ATR has 3 table for that, A-C.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I've noticed it being 92mph. I don't know of any way to unlock it and would not advise going 100mph with the cruise control on.

Just to be a dick. 100mph is not that fast. Here state side we make a big deal about speed like it's the number one reason for deaths in this country. 140K people a/year die from the known side effects of prescription pills.

Roads around here that have 70 or 75mph speed limits regularly see people 'cruising' at 90+. There is nothing more or less dangerous about using cruise or your foot to hold a speed above the speed limit. In conditions where I can see for 10-15 miles down the road and there is NO ONE on the road. What is the difference between cruise and my foot?

I think manufacturers should allow cruise to be used at any speed. The strong will survive :)

Just to be a dick. 100mph is not that fast. Here state side we make a big deal about speed like it's the number one reason for deaths in this country. 140K people a/year die from the known side effects of prescription pills.

Roads around here that have 70 or 75mph speed limits regularly see people 'cruising' at 90+. There is nothing more or less dangerous about using cruise or your foot to hold a speed above the speed limit. In conditions where I can see for 10-15 miles down the road and there is NO ONE on the road. What is the difference between cruise and my foot?

I think manufacturers should allow cruise to be used at any speed. The strong will survive :)

:) I agree with you!

Yes, you can change the CC Min. & Max setting. With ATR if you running Cobb's AP OST. ATR as 4 tables A-D with a Min.& Max setting. Or take it to a tuner to have them reset you CC. ATR or a tuner can adjust you top speed limiter too. ATR has 3 table for that, A-C.

Mike

Thanks Mike, but it looks so difficult for me...I red that the Cobb`s ATR is a pro tuning software, which is too expensive for me if i bought only for that correction. What is "OST."?

Miroslav.

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going on a long road trip, I usually set the cruise to 85-90, even when using a detector. Anything faster than that and your mpg's drop significantly. If I'm going over 100, I'm having fun, and if I'm having fun, I'm not cruising mindlessly at one speed, and probably going much faster than 100 :rolleyes:

I'm not really saying cruise control at 100 is soo much more dangerous than 92, I'm simply saying I don't see the need for it, others may disagree.

It's because they don't teach people to properly drive here in the US. People sit going the speed limit in the left hand lane because they think it's their right. Stay right, pass on the left...it's an easy idea to follow, people just don't because they're idiots. There should be much more strict penalties for hanging out in the passing lane of any 2, 3, or 4 lane highway. Like $500 fines if you're not passing anyone.

Thanks Mike, but it looks so difficult for me...I red that the Cobb`s ATR is a pro tuning software, which is too expensive for me if i bought only for that correction. What is "OST."?

Miroslav.

ATR is the free one. Access Tuner Pro is what the shops use, and yes that version is several thousand AFAIK.

OST/OTS = Off the Shelf Tune, as in the tunes on cobb's website for free.

It's because they don't teach people to properly drive here in the US. People sit going the speed limit in the left hand lane because they think it's their right. Stay right, pass on the left...it's an easy idea to follow, people just don't because they're idiots. There should be much more strict penalties for hanging out in the passing lane of any 2, 3, or 4 lane highway. Like $500 fines if you're not passing anyone.

This is why driving in Europe is the tits, people are much more considerate with the pass-on-the-left thing.

I agree. But it's easier to radar someone and get them for speed. All our laws make it seem 'speed' is the danger.

Here in NV I flash my lights and people jump out of the way. Head over to California and it's a bunch of bad drivers. The right lane is the new passing lane.

But honestly, if there is so much traffic that the road is full you're not doing 90mph because that is foolish.

I could not agree more. I have driven around 20K miles in the UK and EU (before it was the EU...LOL) and they a just have much better road etiquette. I drive close to 50K miles a year between work and personal travel and almost every day I am shocked by some people's behavior on the road. I spend a lot of time on I-95 between NYC and Boston and it amazes me how many people just stick in the LH lane....it also amazes me how many people will step on the brakes when you give them a quick flash to overtake.....come on, it is not like I just flicked you the bird. If police would enforce "left lane for passing only" the roads would be a MUCH safer place.

BTW I am totally fine with cruising at 90+MPH if the conditions warrant it, just wish the police were.

Cheers,

Jim

Mike

Thank you!!! It is done! Now I change the Max setting to 180 kph, it was 144 kph by default. :)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy 3.0R 5EAT and my max cruise control speed is set to 108km/h. So how do i use the COBB software? Do i need a special cable to plug my computer into my car ECU? If I took may car to a workshop would most of them have the software or would i have to go to a special workshop? Any other things i should do to my Legacy?

Cheers

Jaisah

well since you have the na h6 engine there isn't much power upgrading to the ecu.

i would think most tuners could do it.

where are you located ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Well the 3 litre already has bucket loads of torque and plenty enough power to pass people so I probably don't even need to tune it but if I take it in to get the cruise control limit changed is there anything else I should get done?

Archived