LegacyGT.com

Should I get a used 2011 or a new 2012?

thefishingone

Ok, so I've narrowed my choices down to 2 Legacy's:

2011 3.6R Limited in Steel Silver with 4800 miles for only $24.2k(prior to negotiations)

Or

2012 3.6 R Limited in Graphite Grey for only $26.7k (after negotiating with dealer)

Both of them are base Limited models with no accessories

The used 2011 was sold to the original owner in Oct 2010, so it's an early model 2011. Do you know if the "shimmy" issue was worked out by then? I know it may have a brake issue but that was a manufacture recall for the brake master cylinder, so I don't mind taking it in for that if it hasn't been already.

I had an early 2011 and had all the TSB's completed... IMO get the 2012 and you'll get:

New Features

> Limited- 2.5 and 3.6R Limited models get fog lights and an upgraded Harman/Kardon (h/k) audio package with a new 4.3" LCD color display, HD radio, and XM satellite. The h/k has an AM/FM with single CD, replaces the AM/FM with CD changer. The XM is now free for 4 instead of 3 months.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

thefishingone: if the 2011 is a CPO ( I bought a 2010 CPO last February)- a 2.5i Premium with All Weather Package), check out Subaru's web site about the special features that they offer for CPOs: 2.9% 60 month financing (may have a lower rate now); 100K Power train Warranty with Roadside assistance, continuation of the New Factory bumper to bumper warranty up to 36K miles which starts from In Service date {Oct 2010 - you're good for Bumper to Bumper up to Oct 2013}, the CPO is thoroughly inspected with their Multi-inspection program {that's what Certifies it}, AND you can still hit them with a little price in your negotiations......If you knock off another $500 bucks or so on the 2011, try to work in some Accessories : Fog Lights, All weather mats, cargo nets..... In retrospect, I should have Pushed a little harder in my deal (I traded in a Mazda 3s 08.5 with 28k miles).... I added accessories after the Purchase by pricing a "package" on the web at local dealers: Interior Illumination package, the 19mm Rear Sway Bar, Auto dimming rearview mirror w/Homelink & Compass, Fog Lights, Puddle Lights (really cool), Media Hub addition; installed by a different dealer (not the selling dealer) for about $1,400 parts & Labor...

I wish they had a Limited either a 2.5i or the 3.6R for a few bucks more but they didn't and I settled on this model. My 25 year son drives it mostly (he pays for SOME of IT, LOL) commuting to work and so on. Frankly I'm Jealous that you have this 2011 available : a Limited 3.6R. If you knock off some extra bucks and get a little something extra, That's My vote. The new radio & 0% financing is not worth $3k IMHO....That's really the only difference..Good Luck

Archived