LegacyGT.com

WTT: Ion HD wagon rear springs for non HD

Gray Ghost

so what is the difference between the HD and standard rears? I'm trying to look up spring rates, but can't seem to find them. I wouldn't be opposed to swapping the H-tech springs that came on my car out for these as I'm assuming they're nicer.

Nice to see you're still around, btw :)

Hey! Yes, I'm still around and still have a Subie. HD rears are a little taller and higher spring rate than the non-HD sport springs. They are meant to compensate for the heavier wagon back end especially loaded or towing a trailer. What kind of shocks are you running? They are meant to be matched with Bilstein HD's or something of similar dampening due to the moderately high rates.

stock struts currently with Tein H-Tech springs, so you can see why I'd like to change it. I would want to replace the struts at the same time, and if the Bilstein HD's are the ones to go with, I'd do that I suppose. If I dont pick up these from you, I was looking at picking up the Epic Engineering springs as I've heard good things about them. Either way, I'm probably going to go with Koni inserts I'm thinking.

Assuming you just pull them off and sell them, what are you replacing them with?

Haha! This is too funny! :lol: I ordered Epic springs and 1/4" rear spacers just in case. The Epics appear to be a good match for stock or slightly upgraded struts. The Ions definately need the stiffer bilsteins. On the GR2's they are a bit underdamped and bouncy. What kind of LGT do you have? I also have stock struts with 45k on them if you want to go the Epic route for less $.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived