LegacyGT.com

Putting on snows for first time

BarManBean

• Moderators

Picked up my car back in September and it came with a full set of wheels mounted with snow tires. I'm assuming that they are balanced as they were used on the vehicle and should have no problem figuring out if this is not the case.

Having never used snow tires before, and not knowing how these tires have been cared for I plan to do the following:

1. Do a once-over on all the tires just to check for basic condition (I've already done this, but will check again)
  2. Throw 'em in the back of the wagon to go fill with air as necessary
  3. Mark the current wheels with a grease pencil so I can rotate them properly when I put them back on next spring
  4. Change to snows
  5. Drive around, hopefully with no issues

Anything else I need to check for or do for this change over? Should I expect to need an alignment or anything after the change? Car drives great now, no pull to either side and tires are wearing evenly.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Yeah, pretty sure all the tires have the same amount of tread--will check to be sure though.

Wheels are aftermarket. Konig something or others that are quite heavy if I remember correctly. Not sure what hubcentric rings are...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived