LegacyGT.com

Looking for Two Obscure Door Parts

This is a long shot, but would anyone happen to have either of the following parts? I would pay shipping and whatnot for them to be sent to VA:

1. Foam "cup" backing that goes behind the door speaker (I need the left front, but I think they are the same.)

2. Rear cup holder assembly.

Thanks in advance for anyone able to hook me up. Discovered the foam cup missing today on my drivers door and don't want the speaker ruined by water.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/050330-Boom-Round-Speaker-Baffle/dp/B0039Z3SRA]Amazon.com: DEI 050330 Boom Mat 6.5" Round Speaker Baffle - Pack of 2: Automotive[/ame]

Why re-use old stuff from a junkyard car? This is cheap and will suit your needs perfectly. It is made from closed cell foam which is water proof.

RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

They will actually sound better if you remove the lower 25% of the back of the baffle. Water can not get into the speaker if the section you remove is at the bottom. The speaker does require some air space behind it to act as an enclousure. The door cavity does this just fine. Keeping the baffle completely closed and air tight and you will lose the majority of the speakers bottom end response.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

I dunno which models had it, but I want to say it's likely something from the Limited because every non-limited car I've ever looked at in the junkyard has just a smooth back to the center console. The one Limited I found already had the cup-holder "liberated" from it, lol. I appreciate your efforts though, and thanks for the tip regarding the baffles!

Archived