LegacyGT.com

Couple Up Pipe Q's

BarManBean

• Moderators

Really itching to get an up pipe for my '05 wagon. Am I correct in understanding that any up pipe that will fit a WRX/STI should fit my LGT?

I figure I'll keep an eye out on the classified here and on nasioc to see what I can find. Any reason I should spend more money trying to pick up a coated grimmspeed (~175) vs a much cheaper option, ie godspeed or something else for < $100? Any reason I should pick anything other than a stock STI UP?

Thanks.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Getting rid of the cat is the main reason for changing the UP, yes. Down the road I'm going to throw a downpipe on as well, just not right now. Will it matter what UP I use at that point, or not really?

If your planning to install a downpipe, you may want to do it with the up install. The downpipe needs to be removed in order to install the up. No sense doing the job twice. CNT units are relatively inexpensive and seem to have decent quality.

Just don't ask BAC2.5 :lol:

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

• Moderators
Thanks, RS. Maybe I'll just wait, probably what I need to do anyway...replacing both pipes and all gaskets at one time. CNT is cheaper, but $350 for a downpipe isn't in the budget at the moment so I'll probably just wait for now.

Archived