LegacyGT.com

More I Compare/Test, Better GT/Ltd Looks

Not talking about comparing pictures and specs, I am talking about test drives and hands on evaluation. In fact, Leg GT was my shortest test drive, but I have been to see and sit in Leg GT/Ltd twice. GT/Ltd felt much better than Audi A4 3.0 and had much better seats. Audi suspension, brakes and steering felt soft like my Audi from past. I was impressed with GT driving position and clutch/shifter feel. Not sure if I would get Short Shifter, maybe later. Audi interiors do have the missing GT qizmos (auto up/dwn, homelink and rear armrest), but I think the new Leg GT interior is more sporting design than the Audi and Audi is known for their interior design. I am more and more impressed with feel and style of the GT/Ltd sport seats. I know other posts have asked for more “sport” in the seats (maybe race style seats ala Sti), but after several comparos, including Benz C240, BMW 325/330, and new Volvo S40, I think the GT/Ltd seats look unique and fit me perfectly. The GT/Ltd seats are very similar to the Audi A4S seats, without power lumbar(which I have had and they always develop slow leak with age) and without adjust for leg extension. The headrest shape and inset into seat back, shoulder bolsters, and back hardshell/net look very similar to the A4S sport seats. I think seats are a very important element for driver centric, sporting cars. Now that many have test driven and seen the Leg GTs more than once, what are your thoughts?

I just want my danged wagon! :lol: Seriously, in thinking about it, I wouldn't get the short shifter. It does add more effort and mechanical feel. I like the stock shifter's smooth, light feel and softer touch. I don't want "click, click." Some might. The seats fit me very, very well, and feel nicer than my 2002 WRX's seats. I was able to find a perfect position almost instantly. They are also firm, the way that I like. Now, having said that, the Forester XT has the best seats in the Subaru stable. The looks of the car go without question. When I saw that TV commercial featuring the silver wagon, it was great to see the car in motion, and realize how nice, understated yet elegant it looks. Audi no longer has the best-looking wagon on the road by a country mile. Can't wait, can't wait. It's looking more like next week, now, since it didn't show up today, that means Tuesday at the earliest. Ah, well. The GT and I will have many happy years together. What's a few more days? Kevin

The seats are nice. And for me, the only other car I was considering was the 325iT with sport package. (which is still the best-looking wagon on the planet) Then I drove the Legacy GT 5MT. It's now the only car on my list. 'Nuff said. 8)

RacerDave, can you give any specifics, besides price, as to why you chose the Leg GT over BMW 325iT? I had a 328i sedan I loved and my oldest son has a 325ixT, 2002 and he loves it. I know the non-price reasons I am leaning heavily towards Leg GT/Ltd, but wwould be curious to know why Leg GT is now only car on your list.

MtnSub, Price is one that's huge. With a GT (non-Ltd) sold at (my IMBA kicks in on Oct) or near invoice, it's like a 10K price difference. Can't ignore that. Another is that the iT is 1-wheel drive. No LSD, just via braking of the slipping wheel. Me no like. If there was a Torsen option ala IS300, that'd be better. Also, vinyl seats. The 3er leather is not too hot IMHO, and the "leatherette" looks decent. But it's still vinyl. The cloth in the Legacy is far superior, IMHO. Let's not forget power. No comparison. The GT is 330-quick, if not better. Also, a Subaru factory 7/100 warranty is available. BMW's scare me after the 4/50,000 expires, and any warrantys are third-party, not factory. The 3 series is a great car, no doubt. I just think the GT delivers as much driving fun, is roomier, and costs a boatload less.

I have a Legacy GT Limited Sedan with 900 miles on it. I belive that it is a car all to its own. Its has a charm and feel that I can not put in the same light as a BMW or an Audi.. Its a B4..and what that is, is a sedan with sporting capabilites that comprimise very little for the enthusiast and the practical owner. The Legacy's enigine is a fire breathing dragon when it wants to be, but the interior remains civil and practical with a twinge of cool. Wich combines and becomes a magic potion that is all Legacy. America are finaly given a taste of what is "B4", its a experience that you have to take for itself and not compare..because truly there is no comparison.

RacerDave, yes the Leg GT is a better value. Beyond $, I am leaning towards the Leg GT vs BMW 325xiT because I want a wagon with real room to brink home stuff and I want the the 250 ft lbs of turbo to playwith. It ticks me off that BMW refuses to offer 330xiT in NoAM. If the new Leg GT did not have such an attractive interior with really nice sport seats, big brakes, good handling in a package that looks good, I would buy the BMW and live with the very small cargo area, but the Leg GT gives me what I look for in a BMW and now more. After I enhance my GT/Ltd with lightweight wheels and great tires, it will cost $7k less than the comparable BMW xiT and the BMW would have less torgque play time. I also like the sleeper, less elitest image of the Subaru. Subaru loyalists are just as snoby about Suby as BMW owners, but the new GT shouts performance and quiet style vs big-bucks old guard. At the end of the day, if liked the BMW better, I would buy it, but the Leg GT/Ltd has the fun factor edge today.

Archived