That's cool :D I dont think my RS had that. It rolled

back a bit on hills til I got comfortable shifting. (it was

my first manual)

I dont know. I never tried it that way. I guess if there

isnt too much force on it you could. I just did mine while

replacing the hub anyway. I would google and see if anyone

has done the procedure with pics. You may find some useful

tricks.

The new bellows are on and turned out good. There are some pictures on my BLOG along with some more info. I did not use the metal straps that came with the bellows since they were kind of hard to tighten, so I used some of the plastic cable ties. The black ties, on the black bellows, with the leaking engine old gives it a nice clean look. :lol:

Then I took it down for a pair of new tires. Now some would say that I should replace all 4 tires, but after having a couple of tire shops look at the good tires they agreed 2 more of the same tires would be good.

Why is it that when you work on your own car, you can just feel how the new parts make it run better. That is if it still runs after working on it.:icon_bigg

The Tow Bar for the Wagon

Today I bought a tow bar that I plan to use on the Wagon. It is a Roadmaster Stowmaster, now that's a mouth full.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NUyfY37firM/Tx9hn2W7HUI/AAAAAAAADR4/9lHm2wlT7FE/s1600/Stowmaster.jpg

The tow bar folds up and came with wiring, safety cables and even the adjustable stinger for the motor home.

Now the base plates (that you mount on the car) for a '93 Subaru Legacy wagon are here Base Plate and instructions

The plan is to make my own base plates, like the ones you can buy for, are you ready for this.....$325.00:confused:

My BLOG will have more info on how this goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update. I have been driving this wagon now for 3 months (1000 miles) after buying it and having it delivered (towed). My crankshaft repair is working, I replaced the rear brake rotors and pads and have started on the tow bar brackets so some day it will be towed behind my motor home.

The rear tires were about 80% and the front ones worn bald in places so 2 new matching front tires and a DIY front end alignment seems to be just fine. The inner tie rod bellows replacement worked good.

Thanks to all of you who have posted the info so I could get this car going.

• 4 weeks later...

I towed the Wagon today. This was one of the things I wanted to do with it when I bought this car, well getting the thing running was first on the list.

You can read about my building the brackets and attaching the tow bar on my BLOG. You can search my blog using the box at the top left for what ever you are looking for, like "tow bar".

• 3 weeks later...

The steering wheel was shaking quite a bit when using the brakes between 30 - 40MPH. Felt like it was the rotors warped, but after reading several posts on this I wasn't really sure what it was.

Happy to report that new rotors solved all the shaking, and I think the tire shop that changed my tires over torqued the lug nuts and caused this. Maybe I am just getting old, but I will be using a torque wrench on all of the wheels, something I have never done before.

Archived