LegacyGT.com

New Legacy Owner questions

Hey, so i've been searching for the answers to a few of my questions, and haven't really been able to find the answers in a direct manner. Also a lot of the questions i have were answered 4-5 years ago, so many of those threads links don't work.

I just bought a 2005 Legacy 2.5i Ltd, and absolutely love it! Such a great car i'm blown away at how nice it is. So my questions.

First thing, what's the difference between the GT and non GT version? I know the GT has a turbo, but what else? From 168hp to 260hp, that's a huge leap, and i don't know if just a turbo would give that big of a difference from factory.

Second is, what's up with this headunit? I've been reading left and right that what i got is what i got, can't do anything with it. A few threads pointed to a few aftermarket links that weren't available anymore, and were talking about having just the outer parts for $300-500 not even counting the headunit.

I'm looking to upgrade the headunit for sure, i need some type of aux and i would really like to connect the sub and amp from my old car. Any suggestions?

I'd really appreciate the answers, and i'm sure these have been asked 100 millions times, but i can't find a direct answer. Thanks guys! Glad to be a new member here, really look forward to learning from you guys.

Once you drive a GT you will ask yourself why didn't I buy one of them. There is that much of a difference.

We also get 2 more cam's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Once you drive a GT you will ask yourself why didn't I buy one of them. There is that much of a difference.

We also get 2 more cam's.

That's probably true, after driving this guy, i'm convinced i'll never buy anything but a Subaru. I've always loved them, grandparents owned a 92 legacy wagon back when i started driving, it was ok, but this is car is just a whole different machine. Amazing really, i'm stunned by this car, really love it. I guess i'm a Legacy GT forum, so the bias will be towards them. Anyone here own a 05 Legacy Limited that can share their knowledge with me? What did you guys do to get a bit more performance, and what solutions did you do for audio?

Archived