LegacyGT.com

Exhaust fix fair price

So my second cat is out, o2 sensor with it, and my mid pipe is apparently rotted as well. (97 obw 5mt) The garage I am looking at says it will be about $750 dollars, with labor, materials and supplies, to replace with an oem cat, and a new midpipe. Does this sound fair? There is a severe lack of subaru knowledge around st louis.

I think the cat is about 300+, Bosch 02 sensors a little over $100, midpipe, maybe $50 at the most.

If they're charging 125 an hour for 2 hours labor, maybe that would be fair.

From my experience though, O2 sensors you can do yourself with the right size wrench. I think 5 or 7/8...maybe 15 mm? I had just gone catless when my cat went bad, it cost 50 bucks for materials and labor at an exhaust specialty shop. And to have my midpipe replaced at a different exhaust shop was $75.

I know they are a franchise, but I think their rates and service guidelines are about standard at a "5 Star" exhaust shop. See if one's in your area!

Zomb, I only had one cat when I got the car lol.

I have not had any new codes pop up to my knowledge.

Before I replaced the bad cat with a "patch", it said "catalytic circuit".

I am pretty certain the code is the same still. Since I don't have an EGR system as well, I basically ignore the CEL. Occasionally I will have it read at Advanced and go yup...yup...okay all is good lol

Archived