LegacyGT.com

Suspension list

LegacyDan

So car will be getting some treats at the end of January when i get some bonus money, current list is as follows:

whiteline w506 front LCA bushings

whiteline kca334 ALK

whiteline kca313 bump/steer correction kit

Whiteline bsf30 front ARB

whiteline bsr39z rear ARB adj.

whiteline front klc32 endlinks

whiteline klc144 rear endlinks

Kw Variant 2 coilovers(maybe or BC's)

I couldn't find any solid Whiteline end links only the klc144 which are adjustable steel ball, would prefer ones same as the front. Alternatives to the list could be Kart boy end links. Are AVO the only ones that do the rear ARB re-inforced mount? Anything pointless on that list or anything that would be a nice addition?

I would get kartboy solid endlinks instead of the whiteline ones. I would also add the whiteline steering rack bushings (ksr207). You should also get a rear swaybar mount reinforcement bracket.

As for the coilovers, I would definitely get kw over the bc's. They have much better valving, rebuildable, stainless, and about twice the travel as the bc's.

Avo has solid endlinks as well as reinforcement brackets. While you're looking at those, look at the chassis stiffening braces. Or get them from Cusco.

while doing these whiteline bits, get these:

KSR207 - steering rack bushings

W0584 - transmission mount cushions

KDT905 - rear cradle inserts

KDT906 - rear diff mount bushings

Add in the Group N transmission & motor mount

Add Kartboy/Cobb shifter mounts.

Hey Dan I'm a dealer now and I can get just about everything you are looking for. I'll give you a good deal as thanks for your trouble trying to see if my kit will European Legacy GTs.

I can get:

whiteline w506 front LCA bushings

whiteline kca334 ALK

Whiteline bsf30 front ARB

whiteline bsr39z rear ARB adj.

whiteline front klc32 endlinks

I can't get the rear endlinks and KWs. But I can also get Kartboy, Super pro, and beatrush bushing. Contact me if you want and I will give you the price. I should be able to get it for less then what your seeing. Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

That's a nice list! I have about 1/3 of the stuff on that list currently installed, and it's awesome, big difference in steering response/feel.

Let me tell you what I have:

whiteline w0506 front LCA bushings

whiteline kca334 ALK

And in addition to that, I have whiteline KSR207 steering rack bushings.

Let me give you some advice before tackling this job, or even having someone else tackle it for you:

soak everything with penetrating solution like PBlaster. EVERY DAY re-soak it, for a week before you actually plan on disassembling things. The most important things to soak are:

ball joint knuckle bolts

steering rack brace/frame cover (10 bolts I think)

caliper mounting bracket bolts

And since you're down there, soak everything else too. DO IT, trust me... Unless your car is a garage queen, if you see ANY winter weather at all, your shit will be seized badly.

I'm not sure about endlinks... I have stock endlinks at the moment, waiting for when I replace my swaybar to replace endlinks all around also.

Also soak the steering rack bushing bolts themselves. Basically soak everything you can. ;)

The stock rubber steering rack bushings are extremely soft and allow for a lot flex before the car actually does something. With the WL poly ones they are much more solid and steering is much more precise. For the small cost they are definitely worth doing.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

I did the ALK (front LCA - rear bushings), front LCA - front bushings, and bump steer/RCK (ball joint + tie rod ends) in one session and then drove home, and then drove home, and did the steering rack bushings a week later, so I was able to see the difference between the stock steering rack bushings and the new ones.

The full set of LCA bushings and RCK made a difference in steering responsiveness, and there was less tendency for the car to wander, especially when going over uneven pavement surfaces. It also firmed up steering somewhat.

The steering rack bushings I put in the following week made the steering wheel more responsive... basically took up the remainer of the slop. When I turn the steering wheel left/right, it goes that direction IMMEDIATELY. :)

All this has very minimal increase in NVH.

Let me know how you like the KW variants if you put them in... I'm eying up the RCE Tarmac 1s, which are revalved KWs, so your car and mine should feel very similiar if I get the Tarmacs. :)

I have had the KW v.2 for years and I they are still great. I may add the other bushings that you talk about to my car. I have already replace my rear LCA bushing with the Superpro set up an by now my '05 could maybe use new bushings.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

thanks for the info guys. seems like im set on these few mods so. I cant decide on the coilovers yet, still torn between just going for the bc racing BR series or splash out on the KW's.(keep saying to myself do i need them, jdm bilsteins and pinks should be ok!) I might do all the above first and see how the car handles along with the anti roll bars too.

I just thought the Bilsteins have lost their tight dampening capabilities and feel a bit crap over bumps etc. there is about 85000 miles on them and they are 8 years old at this stage.

I better spend the money before she does!

To be honest we don't recommend any coilover for a car that is daily driven. BC or KW as the maintenance for them is not worth the headache. Also there are very few shops who actually know how to set them up properly.

Your struts do sound like they are worn as most struts we see only last about 60k to 70k here in the US. I would say the JDM Bilstein with the pinks would be better over the long term and still give you the performance you are looking for. Sway bars, endlinks, bushings, will give you a better over all feel compared to just blowing everything on the coilovers.

-Jake

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg http://upload.pbase.com/image/137566671.jpg Call directly for your best Whiteline Price! | We also carry almost every manufacturer now, so before you buy parts call us.

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: sales@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | 908.248.AZP1 (2971) | T-1 Certified Amsoil Direct Jobber

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

thats what i was thinking about too, in my limited experience it could just be the slop in the standard suspension setup that im not happy with, i was thinking of just getting new Bilstein dampers instead and just stick with the pink/bilstein setup. it will probably only see the track once a year at most! but new bilsteins could be not far off the price of coilovers. oh the decisions!

put the new goodies on, then decide what you want to do about the dampers. i think you'll be fairly surprised at the big difference bushings all around will do... AND you're getting swaybars.. you'll really feel the difference.

Going from Bils+pinks to RaceComp KWs was like night and day. I already had most of the rest of the goodies you are planning (sways, endlinks, every bush imaginable, upper/lower Cusco braces front/rear).

I'd go with the coilovers. They were lighter than the Bils too.

Going from Bils+pinks to RaceComp KWs was like night and day. I already had most of the rest of the goodies you are planning (sways, endlinks, every bush imaginable, upper/lower Cusco braces front/rear).

I'd go with the coilovers. They were lighter than the Bils too.

What do you mean by night and day got to KWs? I like my KW and I thing they ride pretty well.

Archived