LegacyGT.com

Michelin Stealth Wiper Blades

GTPpilot

always have used Bosch wipers, love them! longest I ever had a set for was just under 3 years with regular cleaning of the rubber, and my windshield. Started working at Infiniti as the Prep Manager so I am trying a set of their blades now because you cant beat a set of blades for $20. They seam promising customers dont complaint about them so thats a good sign.

They help, but it's not going to keep you from using your wipers. I'm not disagreeing the products are useful/helpful, but claiming that you won't need to use your wipers over 40mph is absurd. If I'm going 40+mph, I'm probably driving in traffic. That means the road is going to be wet, and the cars around you will be kicking up more than just water off the road. That spray goes all over your windshield, and is a lot more than just water. You get dirt, oil, salt/chemicals, anything you can imagine. In a significant storm, it's obscenely rare here to not need your wipers at all, and it has nothing to do with the water sealers used on the glass.

That would probably be the case. I usually use washer fluid at that point and don't have to worry about the streaking. Again, I've personally never experienced lift from the Bosch Icons within normal driving speeds except with an additional 40+ mph wind gust. Statistically speaking, that doesn't occur at the same time much.

The Icons have a great form fit and are shaped to provide some downforce to prevent lift.

I threw a set of Autozone's Duralast flex blades on last month amd was so happy with them I got a set for the wifeys 'Rolla.

At $14 and $18 each, they're a tad cheaper than the Bosch's but I can't say how the performance compares. ?

Self proclaimed PNW Craiglist find of the day Champion, April 2014.

I went from rain-x to silblades to bosch icons. I gotta say bosch icons are the best i've ever had. Quiet, effective, and design looks great. But after 2.5 years, they're now due for replacement.

Yup Icons are the Shiznit;) Issue is that they only last about 1 good winter season:redface:

But their Beam Technology works really well at keeping the blade in contact with the windshield, as well as being very weather protected..... Just they get beat up relatively quickly vs std winter blades and are a bit pricey unless you catch a deal:cool:

I threw a set of Autozone's Duralast flex blades on last month amd was so happy with them I got a set for the wifeys 'Rolla.

At $14 and $18 each, they're a tad cheaper than the Bosch's but I can't say how the performance compares. ?

Priced at the comparison rate:cool: I tried them last year and they actually fell apart completely vs. the Icons over the Winter:spin: Rubber Split off..... So they last about 3/4 of the time vs. Icons, but are priced @ 3/4 the cost....:rolleyes:

Not a bad replacement, but I ended up just waiting for AutoZone to put the Icons on sale and got those for a little less this year:)

Put a 3 of these on my wifes Honda Odyssey and so far so good. They are much better then the last set of Anco's winter blades that we had. So far they have a nice job with the little bit of snow we have, and of course handled the rain excellent since they are new.

Actually I used her car durning the last storm (we got 8 inches) as I wanted to see how the Bizzaks we just picked up handled. I must say those tires totally transformed that car!

• 3 years later...

I need to change my wipers soon and I wanna try the Valeo's. I would like to know which series or kind you guys are talking about. I currently has the bosch icons, dun get me wrong they are good. better then the latitudes but I wanna try others since I do get streaks. and yes I alrdy rain-x my windows and have rain-x (orange) fluid.

thank you

I scored over 3 years out of Bosch Icons. Regularly cleaned the blade, regularly washed my glass.

Rain X is crap, prep your glass, and use a coating like Carbon Collective. It will change your life

Archived