LegacyGT.com

Please help!!!

sconti

So i was driving today and heard the loudest squeaking noise I have ever heard from a car!! It sounded like a brake squeaker or the brakes squeaking but I took my wheels off to check brake pad wear and its all good all the way around. Its my first Turbo motor and So I have read that a turbo fan can make a squeaking noise too? Any ideas?!?! I couldn't really check my wheel bearings because I couldnt get all four of my wheels off the ground at the same time. BUT my main concern is if its the turbo fan/motor?? How do I check it and How do I repair it?? PLEASE ANY IDEAS!! I have an 05 GT with 68K.

THANKS!!!

That's the problem...It has only done it a couple times in 2 months. I was going 30-35mph driving normal in traffic. Not accelerating hard. As soon as I heard the noise I was going to push the clutch in and see if it was motor noise or wheels/brakes etc and right before I was going to do that, the noise stop. I pulled over and stop for 5 minutes at the store, got back in car and got onto an on ramp and accelerated hard up to 80mph and it was perfect. Really frustrating!!

Thanks yall for your input. I thought about it last night and think it could have been a stone/stuck brake noise. I have only heard that LOUD SQUEAK/SQUEAL once so IDK....I went ahead and change the oil & filter, put my personal favorite Mobil 1 Full Syn and used OEM oil filter! Hope its all good. Will keep yall updated if I hear or hopefully DONT hear the "noise"!

Archived