LegacyGT.com

Fuel Economy

No.Rice

On my round trip mountain drive this weekend from Denver to Frisco and back, I got an average of 25.8mpg! Best ever I think. :)

Made a similar trip, HR to Copper Mtn and back then some random city/work commute mileage 19.7 mpg on e85. Closest I've ever been to 20mpg on e85. I'm sure I could get 20mpg but that wouldnt be much fun then would it. Love not having to down shift on big hills, little gas and boost and off we go:cool:

Hmmm I didnt know I would gain MPG going stage 2 haha. My numbers are never the same.. yet I put about the same amount of gas in each time with same grade. One time Ill get 15.0 mpg... then the next Ill get 16.8. Next Ill get 15.6.. then 17.7 it seems. 95% of the driving is city and these numbers are winter driving. Usually put in 90-91 octane...just depends on what the station I stop at has. Do the middle grade of the 3. Summer MPG is pretty consistent with around 18-18.9 with the same kind of driving. Most Ive ever seen on the highway was 28 mpg.

I have looked with the variations of mods that Ive had. Didnt see much difference with the addition of a catless DP untuned. With the OEM intake seems I got better MPG in the winter but worse MPG in the summer compared to a Cobb SRI.

• 1 month later...
I've made two trips to A-Basin and back this week, and have gotten by far the best mileage since my 68HTA on E85. I got just over, and just under 21 mpg on the two trips, and attribute the better mileage to the warmer weather (50-65). It certainly wasn't because I was driving slower.

I always forget what the diff is between stage 2 and stage 3. Either way I should be e-85 on a vf-39 here by next weekend :D. In the mean time im runnin around 18ish mpg that includes the spirited driving.

Archived