LegacyGT.com

Fixing my Subie is so easy!!

All I have to do is buy the parts! 2006 2.5i, 120k miles. About 2 months ago, the TOB was making the tell tale scratching noises with the clutch depressed. So I ordered the clutch kit and a tranny jack and by the time they got to me, the bearing had quieted down. Now it only makes noise occasionally and it goes away soon when it does. Then two weeks ago my drivers side rear wheel bearing starts to whine and hum, so I ordered a new hub/bearing assembly, and now that has become much more quiet as well. And it's 30 degrees in my garage and I planned on doing that job this morning and can't quite get motivated......

Just buy a new car and put it into storage.... then it will never give you trouble again.

I like this idea! Of course I did decide to blow it off and not do the wheel hub yesterday. I have a couple long drives coming up this week, I'm sure I'll get stranded. I'm not superstitious, but I still can't believe I said that.

I've had a supposed bearing speed-dependent wub wub wub that is louder when steering to the left. I had assumed it was the passenger rear and replaced that, but was mistaken. The noise continues to be annoying but hasn't gotten much worse in well over a year and a half. Good thing the inexpensive GMS CBE is usually louder than the wheel bearing(?) noise!

Ive replaced 3 of my 4 wheel bearings now and me being the lazy guy i am let them hum away for months upon months and never had them blow up causing my wheel to leave the vehicle. Only once did i feel my wheel bearing had to be replaced at that very moment and that was because it sounded like a barrel full of rocks rolling down a hill. And with my tob it really irritated me because it made chirping noises so i replaced it. 3000 miles down the road and the chirping is back. :(

Archived