LegacyGT.com

05 LGT with 08-10 STi bucket seats installed!

nsrt4me

• 2 weeks later...

First, OP great job and congrats on a great looking interior. As for the seat holding you better, while the bolstering in the STI seats help (especially in the leg portion), I think the material is what makes the greatest difference going from one car to the other. The microsuede or Alcantara material has amazing grip levels. A more simple alteration (to a swap like this) would be to take your seats to an upholstery shop and have them put in some microsuede (or Alcantara depending on your budget) down the center like the SpecB or even do the whole base and midback. While in there they could even add a little bolstering without much alteration. FYI: The material by its nature does not breathe for $%IT so ask them to perforate it or buy it that way so they are tolerable for a DD. No mechanical alterations or safety issues to worry about. Just a thought...

Great Project and I would be interested in a DIY if the OP was still looking for votes of interest.

• 4 months later...
I would probably do this for others, however, Im altering safety devices etc. I wouldnt want it somehow coming back to me, if you know what I mean.

Otherwise I'd def do it, just dont think its worth it right now.

If this thread gets a few more requests, I'll put up a how to.

Bump/revival/vote for how-to. Got a full set, F/R, local for $600. Mainly wanted the rears as the fambly hates the leather stuff ( cold in winter, hot in summer ).

I'm mainly wondering about the airbag connectors and seat bases. Would making some bracket adaptors to bolt the seats directly to the power bases be an option?!? Got access to a CNC unit if so. For airbags the covers are already coming off for heater elements, drilling/swapping modules is not a problem.

out of curiosity, why did you do this? Did your LGT have cloths to begin with?

YES. I hated the seats, for every reason possible. Then I randomly found these ones for a steal, and I figured I would be a pioneer of sorts and do the swap!

I just bought a set of 2011 STi seats today thinking that they'll pretty much bolt up to my 05 LGT. Well...

I started with the passenger seat, unbolted it, but then discovered that the seat belt bolts into the seat itself. And on top of that it was a weird star-like bolt which I don't have the socket for. So I got disappointed, and bolted the OEM seat back in place.

5 minutes later I looked at the driver's seat, and the bottom of the seat belt is bolted to the floor/bottom of b-pillar like it's suppose to be. What gives?! Why did Legacy mount their seat belts differently on both sides?

How did you get around to bolting the seat belt on the passenger side? Is there already a hole for it in the body of the car? Or did you have to drill into the floor and thread it?

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/ACCORDing2R/photo.jpg[/img]

Is it possible to use the STI brackets and sliders/rails or do LGT sliders absolutely have to be used?

Thanks!

According to Naylor... 2011 STI Seats should just bolt right into place. You will have to transfer over your seat belts but other than that, he told me they are direct fit. Your have a airbag light unless you can transfer your airbags over but over than that, you should be good. My question is.. whats the difference between the 2008 STI seats and the 2011?

From what I know the 2008 are grey, and the 2011 are black alcantra. So just appearance mostly.

There's no way to modify the plugs and use the airbags from the STi seats?

Also, take a look at the pic in my post above. The STi seat doesn't have the seatbelt mount in the passenger seat. Both seatbelts in the STi mount to the floor. My LGT; only the driver's seat belt mounts to the floor.

How do I get around that? Drill a hole in the floor of the car? Or is there already a hole there under the carpeting?

The only way to get around the airbag light is to swap all you stuff over from your stock pass seat into the sti seat. I know because I put the 2011's in my 06. But the grief of swapping everything over was too much for me. My tuning shop quoted me 2 full days of labor to swap it over and go through my airbag system. They are killer seats though. You can always bolt them up and remove the airbag horn, but that didnt work out too well for me. After I did it my body integration unit failed. Good luck on getting one of those quickly!

Archived