LegacyGT.com

Buying a New Idle Air Control Valve

So, this might come off as stupid for an engine with 251k that might end up blowing up any day, but the engine runs fine right now with the exception of a wavering idle and stumbling acceleration. A long time ago I tried to solve the issue by cleaning the ever living daylights out of my IACV, which made the issue better for a bit. IIRC I ended up replacing it with another used one which also helped the issue, but once again it has returned. I'm not 100% certain that it's the cause of the problem, but I'm fairly certain it is (the MAF has already been replaced.) Christmas is around the corner, and my parents wanted to know what to get me, and I was going to ask for tools, which would be useful, but quite frankly I'd be happier if I just asked for a NEW IACV for the car so I could replace it and call it a day. Can someone offer me a link to a site where one could be gotten for cheap? I found it on trademotion.com for about $270, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a better site with cheaper prices? Thanks!

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214857&chapter=&sectionids=6,2782&groupid=10024&subgroupid=20066&componentid=62241&make=32&model=Legacy&year=1998&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

Damn!

So I take it the site I posted is likely just about as cheap as a new OEM part is going to cost then? I plan on rebuilding this engine whenever it eventually explodes... which at the current rate will be another 9238238294 miles from now, so it's not necessarily money wasted in the long run.

Or maybe it will be, since I have no idea how to rebuild an engine and this will be my project learning car for that job, so I might just blow it up.

Archived