LegacyGT.com

A/F Learning changes after Grimmspeed AOS install?

Deer Killer

0-5.6g floats 6-9% (would float before, but centered around 0)

5.6-10g is 1.8% (previously ~0)

Past 10g is unchanged.

My first though was a leak, but that idea doesn't make too much sense considering the upper ranges are OK. Leaks most at <5.6g flow??? I'm not exactly sure where the top line goes to, but if it's pulling some air in through some seal through the crankcase this may make some sense. This would also seem to not be a good sign for any seals in the crankcase. It should probably have a check valve in it?

I'm sure it's not noise, I've gotten a snapshot everyday for the last ~2 months, there's been a clear change. Closed loop was also tuned with the romraider MAF tool. I drive 60+ minutes a day so I get plenty of data and learn time.

I don't know if anyone else with the AOS has checked like me, I see no posts.

ok after a TIP & an AOS should one re-scale their MAF?

I feel like i have a vacuum leak, but i can't find it. I've double & triple checked everything.

The car idles at 15.9-16.2 afr when it's set at 14.7. I'm working on getting some good logs to see if the whole thing is off or just at idle.

Thanks.

ok after a TIP & an AOS should one re-scale their MAF?

I feel like i have a vacuum leak, but i can't find it. I've double & triple checked everything.

The car idles at 15.9-16.2 afr when it's set at 14.7. I'm working on getting some good logs to see if the whole thing is off or just at idle.

Thanks.

What's a TIP?

No, theoretically one should not have to rescale the MAF. If everyone see's a problem then there is a potential issues with the AOS - my guess is probably needs a check valve in the return line. If anyone else has before/after AF learning snapshots, it would be helpful.

Updates?

Values are still stable where last reported. Checked for leaks, couldn't find any. Although like I said, a leak would open up more at high flow, which means that ranges A-D should all be affected. Hard to imagine any of those hoses leaking considering the force required to put them on :/ Maybe I fixed a leak with the install? LOL.

Although unfortunately there still appears to be some oil consumption where I expected 0. Searched for other people's oil consumption reports, found none trustworthy. Have the measure and check more precisely over the next 1000 miles.

Archived