LegacyGT.com

Mirrors for a 2nd Gen

• I Donated
Is it just the glass thats broken on yours? You can buy replacement glass (actually plastic) from parts stores for pretty cheap. Its not as good as glass, but it works...and its a whole lot cheaper than replacing mirros

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

mike, if it doesn't work out there are some out here at the pick-n-pull that I could try pull off for you. I like going to the junkyard as entertainment. :lol: They run about $16.99 for a manual and $20 for an electric. You'd have to pay shipping and the whopping $2 yard admission fee of course. But go with kenny first!

mike, if it doesn't work out there are some out here at the pick-n-pull that I could try pull off for you. I like going to the junkyard as entertainment. :lol: They run about $16.99 for a manual and $20 for an electric. You'd have to pay shipping and the whopping $2 yard admission fee of course. But go with kenny first!
I really appreciate that and will keep that in mind. Thanks.

• I Donated
Shipping wouldn't be expensive on them either. Two mirrors would likely fit in a large flat rate shipping box...iirc, those are like $15 to ship. If you do UPS or FedEx, it will go by weight and you will be looking somewhere around 10 - 20 bucks

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

I'm sure they are. I can't tell you how many mornings I've gone outside and I gotten irritated because my mirrors are fogged up and they're useless while driving. I'm also going to try and wire in a heated windshield on my car as well. I'm hoping it's not too hard to do...

An ice scraper works to get ice and snow off the windshield initially.. But when you're driving around while it's snowing like I did last winter, ice builds up on the wiper blades and they become useless. With the heated windshield it keeps the ice from building up on the blades.

An ice scraper works to get ice and snow off the windshield initially.. But when you're driving around while it's snowing like I did last winter, ice builds up on the wiper blades and they become useless. With the heated windshield it keeps the ice from building up on the blades.
Ok, defroster on full blast and an occasional wiper blade tap. Done.

lol it doesn't work. trust me. I drove for 4 hours straight last winter in snow and there was no way to keep them from icing up. The defroster does nothing. Only stopping and removing the ice by hand got the ice off. I wonder how well that anti-ice build up stuff from advance auto works...

• I Donated
If you can get your hands on it, the glass coating stuff they use on aeroplanes is great. Water beads off and ice build up is minimal :p

its called RainX.....and airplanes

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Archived