LegacyGT.com

Cross-country drive....

Gosha

Alright, I think I got it now. 80 to SLC, then check weather, and either continue or adjust by heading south. Did I miss anything?

Check well before SLC. There's a pretty huge mountain range between Chicago and there.

Taking I-10 or I-40 are going to be even bigger detours. Given where I-40 goes, I don't know that road conditions on I-40 will be much better than over Donner Pass.
I-40 has been closed twice in the last month due to weather ( TX to AZ ). It's also likely to close at/around Flagstaff too. Like mentioned keep an eye on traffic reports.

Chi-town to Cali and no mention of Route 66? I realize La-La Land is 6 hrs from SFO however it's Route 66! On a more serious note I've made the ABQ to SFO drive numerous times in the last few years ( work HQ is in Belmont/San Mateo ) via I-40/Barstow/Bakersfield and enjoy the scenery.

Too bad about the timing tho, as everyone mentions crossing the Rockies is gonna be a crap shoot for weather. Look ahead, stay safe, enjoy whatever route Mother Nature takes you on!

• 2 weeks later...

80 def. I seen 143 on the dash, 5 minutes later got pulled over for 10 over only doing 75 in a 65 but it WAS 5 am no cars at all on the road

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Well, I successfully made it to the Bay area. Last minute, I had to drive to Nashville from Chicago, and from there I took I-40 all the way to CA. It definitely was an interesting drive, but without any unwanted weather! Now all i need to do is get another chance to do the drive, and take the northern route. Thank you all very much for your advices.

Archived