LegacyGT.com

[HELP] Best Mechanic In The Worcester Area?

Rojo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know im kinda delayed on this as your issue is already fixed but you did not bring it to Patrick in Shrewsbury did you? I got allot of beef with that service manager (louie) and his techs, they can all go to hell. I was having really bad tranny issues and they made it worse. I ended up taking it to Village Subaru in Acton, worth the drive and they did an awesome job. I will never ever buy a car from patrick or get anything fixed through them again, hell they even managed to **** my car up just washing it.. morons..

my really good buddy just started as a tech at patrick. hes very good....i cant vouch for other mechanics though. I wouldnt say they all suck

I've read nothing but bad things about Patrick Subaru. I really need to bring mine in for the ECU update and some other misc work, but there doesn't seem to be a dealership in the area that seems trustworthy. And if I'm going to drive all the way to Acton, I might as well drive to Steve Lewis Subaru in Hadley. I had an excellent buying experience with them and they get decent reviews for service as well.

Hondakiller I know Patrick is going through alot of changes right now, maybe he will whip the others into shape. its been over a year since I been there (no disrespect to your buddy), but my personal expierence was horable with service at that dealership, I would never do buisness with them again. I gave them chances to redeem them selfes, I believe people are alowed to make mistakes but they just took F-ing up to the next level. Id rather not write a whole story on my entire expirence but they got many chances with me, im not writitng them off because of reviews I read on the internet or stories my car buddies have told me, I lagit cant stand the way they do buisness, and the fact they try and screw people over, and lie to their faces because they dont want to "dig" into issues out of the norm. The fact this dealership is still in buisiness is nothing short of a miracle..

• 4 weeks later...
I know it's an old thread, but I just wanted to take back what I said about Patrick Subaru. They officially suck and given the choice, I will never take my business to them ever again. My car threw another CEL today, I took it to Autozone, same shit that's been plaguing my car ever since the tech fucked up putting my car back together.

The tech's name was Karl.

In my opening post, I mentioned the issue with the o2 sensor and how I had to have it replaced. What I didn't mention is that afterwards, one of the issues that was causing a CEL was determined to be a faulty o2 sensor so that was replaced free of charge. After a few more headaches and visits my car finally didn't throw a CEL the day I drove it off the lot. I only drove the subie for about 10-15 mi since then only to commute to school and back. I fly back to visit family on the west coast, come back later only find it throwing another CEL, P0037. It's my o2 sensor....

My question is this. (tl;dr version)

If I have paid for a brand new o2 sensor, which turned out to be faulty and replaced, presumably with a new one, why would it go bad again within 20 mi ?

Was it actually replaced? If there is a legitimate reason why my car keeps on throwing a CEL is Patrick even attempting to address the actual problem or only the symptoms?

On a side note, Hondakilla

I will be looking into ACME Transmissions as well as the other recommendations I have received on this thread.

P.S. - I don't believe I actually thanked people for taking the time to recommend their mechanics. For all who have, thank you. You just may have prolonged my subie's life a little more ( or saved it from being cut short ).

I wonder if its more then the o2 sensor...or if they really didnt replace it. The car threw a light again because it went thew its 100 mile drive cycle and the issue was not resolved. ill talk to my friend who works at patrick and see if i can get some info/feedback on the issue and mechanic...do you have cats because it could be a bad cat..any running/power issues? first cat id look into is ur uppipe. What years your lgt?

I'm pretty sure they didn't replace the Uppipe. I'm still pretty ignorant about cars and how everything runs together and the cause and effect of certain parts. What about the uppipe, having not been replaced, would cause the o2 sensors to go bad?

Also, MY 2005.

I know im kinda delayed on this as your issue is already fixed but you did not bring it to Patrick in Shrewsbury did you? I got allot of beef with that service manager (louie) and his techs, they can all go to hell. I was having really bad tranny issues and they made it worse. I ended up taking it to Village Subaru in Acton, worth the drive and they did an awesome job. I will never ever buy a car from patrick or get anything fixed through them again, hell they even managed to **** my car up just washing it.. morons..

Louie was by far the most unhelpful arrogant prick i have ever seen in any dealership's service department.

ya the upipe has a cat in it. if you have a bad cat it will throw an o2 light. the cat could have been damaged when ur last motor went. if the part was just swapped that would be my guess. the car has 2 o2's i believe and 2 catted exhaust parts. the up and downpipe. the uppipe is the exhaust pipe running from the headera to the hotside of the turbo...an ultimate bitch to fix lol. the downpipe is the turbo exhaust side to the midpipe..much easier to fix but much more exspensive. the catted uppipes are notorious for causing issues like this

So i made some calls and it seems like a bad o2 sensor is something that I might be able to drive to JFK and back with. If it is indeed a bad uppipe, is that something that I can put on hold until after I pick up my friend from the airport?

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to hijack this thread but im going to have to do the timing belt on my car in a couple months and im leaning towards esp having dealt with them in the past with my Tsi. Is there anywhere a little closer to Marlboro that is trusted on the forums for quality of work and price?

Im new to subarus and this car in particular but im getting a slight hesitation when getting into the boost around 3-4k in mostly 2nd and sometimes 3rd when in sport and s#. Is there a shop I could go to just to have someone knowledgeable with this car just give me an idea what it is causing it before i commit to dumping a ton of money.

I tried searching for this issue and didnt find anything really matching up with what im experiencing. The car is a 2008 LGT 5spd with 86k, ive had it about 2months.

• Mega Users
Im bringing my car to Patrick Subaru next friday to get it reflashed more then likely to try and take care of this hesitation. I just hope they dont rape me on the price, never was one to bring my car to dealerships before...

dude, why u wasting your money there. just get a stage 1 tune.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Archived