LegacyGT.com

Are you aware of any myths?

Dish washing soap to clean your car is bad.

That isn't really true. What it will do is strip the wax off your paint, but other than that it isn't going to ruin your paint. If you are interested in keeping the wax on your paint then I wouldn't suggest using it every week, but using it to help strip wax off isn't a bad idea. In fact, the manufacturers of Zaino specifically suggest using Dawn prior to their product. Just don't use it for weekly washes.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 6 months later...

OC DETAILS!

Thanks to your great suggestion the waflfe Micro Fiber Towels are on back order. How do your standard microfiber towels perform? Almost as good?

Costco and Sams are having killer deals on a whole bag of microfibers for like 10 bucks.

I almost bought them earlier today. If I had read this before I'd have a bag of like 20 towels in my garage.

Not even close if you are using them for drying. The waffle weave towels are the only microfiber towels that i would suggest for drying. As you probably know, microfiber comes in a variety of different weaves. They make everything from underwear to couches out of the stuff. The type of weave is very important for what you are trying to use it for. For drying purposes you pretty much need the waffle weave if you are looking for a superior drying tool. If the waffle weave can't be had, then I would go for the Absorber.

If premiumautocare is out, then try http://www.detailcity.com. That will be the new PAC soon. If they are out then try http://www.properautocare.com. They also have the big blue waffle weave. http://www.autogeek.net might have them too...

OCDETAILS BLOG

"That will be the new PAC soon." ? I'm sorry I didn't understand that?

Thanks for the suggestion I almost ran out and bought the micro fiber towels today! I have an absorber. I washed it with some shop rags and now its a pretty pink but it still works like nothing I've ever used before. This car is my first "NEW" car so I wanted to be sure to do everything top notch to avoid ever getting any swirl marks or scratches in the paint. Unforutnately I drive more than normal so after putting 30,000 miles per year on the car I'm bound to get some rock damage up front but at least the rest of the car will shine!

I've also looked into the clear plastic type material that can be applied to the front areas of your car but it's pretty expensive and I don't know if I want plastic sheeting in my car permanently.

Last thing I wanted to ask was about TINTED WINDOWS. I have some good 3M product and I want to know what type of material would best be used to clean the inside windows. I just picked up some eagle one glass cleaner which states is ammonia free and "safe for tinted windows." It better work I feel like i just paid 6 bucks for a bottle of water. (Stuff is clear.)

Anyways what should i use to wipe and clean. Paper towels? Microfiber? Bath Towel? My hand? Rag I used when changing my oil yesterday? Any suggestions?

Dwayne (owner of PremiumAutoCare) is starting a new store that is called DetailCity.com. PremiumAutoCare is going to be run by the company that Dwayne used to work for and won't likely carry very much anymore. So DetailCity.com will likely be the new LGT sponsor.

If it says it is safe for tinted windows then it should be safe for tinted windows. I use Invisible Glass on mine and haven't had a problem ever.

I have a few microfibers that I use on the interior specifically. You can use anything though really. Read through some of the threads here and on http://www.ocdetails.com and you should get some good product and technique ideas.

OCDETAILS BLOG

I've heard several good and bad stamenets about pressure washers. I've contemplated buying one, Good or evil? Or dosn't matter? What makes sense is that most dirt is removed before the mit touches the paint.

Also, I picked up bag of the Costco microfiber towels, I think they work very well. Based on what OC said, I think I'll try the waffle weave and see what the difference is.

• 2 weeks later...
Great site...cute baby!

What's the deal with Armor All? I've never heard that myth before. I just bought a bottle over the weekend.

As per leather- Armor All , spray or wipes are good if U know how to use it otherwise can damage the leather -source -upholstry guy that live by repairing , cleaning different kind of leathers.

Better is to use some light cleaners twice then strong once

Archived