LegacyGT.com

What would you guys do?

So, i found a EJ20 twin turbo with a 5spd.

says 93-98 impreza.

Would it fit? (I know im going to have to deal with that one side) due to the turbo.

would it like bolt up and plug in all nice?

If it will :spin::spin::spin:

Oh and the target car has an auto. Soo i will have to do some fixing. Anything i'll need to know/buy?

My mechanic said if i can find him a motor he'll swap it in.

Anything that is not the original motor will require a lot of wiring. Brain at IWire will merge the harness for you for $600, then the rest is a cake walk. Single turbo conversion will require some work but there are DIY on how to do it.

ALL of them, including the seals. Front and rear main, cam seals, valve cover gaskets, any preventative maintenance you can do while the engine is out while absolutely everything is accessible is always a good thing. Just less work you have to do down the road when the engine is in the car.

I would also do the timing belt, water pump, thermostat, and I would check all of the timing belt pulleys to ensure they are good. Most likely you'll need/want to replace those as well. The pulleys in my 300k mile engine were bone dry and even the 130k mile pulleys in my friend's WRX were pretty dry as well. Definitely wouldn't hurt. Like I said, preventative maintenance. You'll be happy you did. :D

Where is it at? How do you replace it? What do you torque it too? What do you use to seal it? Where do you get the part? Why do you replace it?

Hmm... I'll take a crack at it:

Behind the flywheel. Unscrew/unbolt screws/bolts. Torque it till it breaks, back off 1/4 turn. Elmer's. Subaru/Junkyard. Because you said so.

I'm sorry... i'm booooooored right now. 19 minutes before I get off work and install the short throw in the Legacy. :D

^^ nice.

i remembered something,

About a month ago i was under my car trying to find where the damn oil leak was coming from and i noticed my rear cat had a nice dent in it... Makes me wonder why i'm throwing o2 codes.

would i be able to remove said cat?

Archived