LegacyGT.com

Does this sound Coil Related?

i have a shitty idle, but i can still rev the motor to 4k rpm without hesitation. now when there is a load on the motor (in gear) it staggers to rise to 3krpm and is super sluggish. it takes 25seconds to climb to 55MPH. i replaced the wires, plugs, and knock sensor, and cam sensor. the cam pos sensor code (341) is still coming up even tho i replaced it, the knock sensor code is gone. what could cause this? i ordered a new coil and im not sure if it really is the coil or if it might be somthing else.

my car is a 97 Legacy 2.5 GT 118k Miles

Might check that the timing is still correct. You'll have to pull all the covers and line up the timing marks (not the arrows on the inside of the pulleys but the little notches on the outside).

Doing a quick search online I found a guy with the same problem you're experiencing. Replaced the CPS and still got the 341 code. Turned out it was a tooth off at the crank.

Its certainly possible. Being off a tooth would lower the compression. Revving the engine without load vs. revving with load is a huge difference on the stress put on the engine.

Come to think of it, my brother had an 85 300ZX Turbo and the engine had horribly low compression. Revved alright but had no power. 4 cylinders were at 90 psi and 2 were at 50. Surprised it was even able to run. :lol:

Archived