LegacyGT.com

Swagon_Wagon's THREAD

can some one help me wire up my new radiator fans? subaru has 3 wires coming out of the cars harness.

ones black and the other two color.

the black splits into 2 before it get to the fans.

i had a volt meter hooked up to it and never got a single reading. but yet when i plug the old broken fans in they work.

btw. in order for this thread to work you guys actually need to use it like i just have. otherwise ill start a new topic... again. with the correct title

You had a multi-meter on each wire and grounded it? No reading on any wires? You're doing it wrong. There should be voltage from something. I can't give you an exact answer as far as wiring yet (car is still doing ECU/exhaust upgrade) but I can give you specs on the volts if you haven't figured it out yet. Then again, maybe I don't understand what you're getting at?
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

What color are the wires for the fans? Are both fans requiring a 3-wire setup? 2-wire fans generally require a ground and a positive. When the positive sends power, the fan comes on. However, a 3-wire fan may always have a ground, positive and a on/off (possibly due to temp?) relay. If the fans only have two wires and the car requires 3, you may be b0rk3d. I say MAY because there is ALWAYS a workaround. I'm just not quite sure what it is. :(

+1 on the NGK's. It's all I use. I have used Bosch in the past and I didn't have any problems. I certainly feel the difference with the NGK's though.

Archived