LegacyGT.com

Rear brake line which one

I have a really bad rear brake line leak, and its commign from ontop of the gas tank on the driver side,

i got the flex hose coupling disconnected and the bleeder valve open, which is good, and i dont know what line it is under the passengers side coupler for the drivers side line, is the the one closer to the tank or outer ? because i dont want to change both right now, and only ave supplies for the one side

heres a video of a guy online, looks like this 4 minutes and 20 second

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynWwJiuHmLE]1995 Subaru Legacy - brake hard line repair - YouTube[/ame]

allright so was going to try to just change the one side and couldnt get the one side of the coupler and ended up bending it a bit and both of the lines were leaking, now to do like the video and splice it in the car, is it okay to put a coupling under the seat, then another to get to the drivers side, since i don't think one 60'' piece will make it. and it doesn't matter what line goes to what caliper ?

You sure ? i though abs was maybe just front and back ? or not even just overall brakes, and not individual calipers,

i guess il try to pull out some lines and see what went where, its because they both go above the gas tank and the come back down, but im assuming its left = left right = right, because if not they would have to hope over eachother

Yeah. I dunno how everything works but I would think if you crossed the lines, then when the speed sensor sensed the wheel was sliding, it would start pulsing the wrong wheel, so you'd have one wheel locked up on ice and one wheel not braking thinking it was on ice. So basically it would turn ABS from something useful to something incredibly dangerous, lol.

• I Donated
Yeah. I dunno how everything works but I would think if you crossed the lines, then when the speed sensor sensed the wheel was sliding, it would start pulsing the wrong wheel, so you'd have one wheel locked up on ice and one wheel not braking thinking it was on ice. So basically it would turn ABS from something useful to something incredibly dangerous, lol.

Yup pretty much. The pump will pulsate whatever wheel is locking up. You don't want it to send those pulses to the wrong wheel. That would be no good.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Archived